News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Radiator interchange?

Started by Limey57, 2012-12-15 12:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Limey57

Anyone know if a 59 Galaxie or 57 Thunderbird radiator is the same as a 57 Ranchero?  The radiator was missing when I got my Ranchero but I know a dealer in the UK that has two N.O.S radiators, one for a 59 Galaxie & one for a 57 T-bird.  Anyone know if they're the same as a 57?
Gary

1957 Ranchero

hiball3985

The 59 possibly, I doubt the Tbird would work. Also remember the outlet for a 6 vs v8 are different.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

Limey...that aluminum radiator a bunch of us guys bought a few months aggo is advertised as '57-'59. Doesn't say anything about fitting t-birds, so I would also think no. As hiball said..check that '59 radiator your uk source has to make sure the top outlet is correct.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

hiball3985

I think the inlet is also on opposite sides 6 vs V8
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

wildhog

The 59 radiator will bolt right in, if it is a v8 just check to see if the inlet and out let are correct. The T-Bird is way different. Tom
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

Limey57

Thanks guys.  I'll call him and check the outlets on the 59.
Gary

1957 Ranchero

JPotter57

I believe the tbird rad is shorter heightwise than the standard Ford...
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

Limey57

Spooky.....  I was chatting to someone about this yesterday and he mentioned that his mate used to be "into old American cars" and that he might have some spares kicking around.  I've just rung him for a chat and in his garage he has a rebuilt radiator for a 57 Ford along with a good set of bumpers.  I'm going to pass on the bumpers as I have a pair of re-chromed ones (and a spare set of decent ones) but he only wanted $100 for the radiator so I'm going to collect it on Thursday.

I don't get good luck very often, but I guess today was my turn!
Gary

1957 Ranchero

RICH MUISE

Sounds like Christmas a little early...good score.
One of my next projects, btw, is trying to fit a Mark Viii electric fan/ shroud set up to the stock core support. They're suppose to be one of the best available, oem or aftermarket, and I've got one, so what the heck. In fact I'll have 2 if I can make a deal on a salvage Mark viii I'm looking at.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe