News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Tweeter center flea mkt date

Started by Ecode70D, 2013-04-23 16:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecode70D

The big flea market at the Tweeter Center in Mansfield Mass. for 2013 will be May 11 and 12.

Just in case some of the members are planning on attending the South Shore Antique Auto flea Market swap meet, I will be at spaces # J1 and K1.  If a forum member needs some help or assistance, or if someone needs to drop off a recent purchase that he doesn't want to carry around, you can leave it with me.  This place is huge.   I picked out these spaces when the event was in it's planning stages before they started at this location.  You have to pass by me when you enter and when you are leaving.

2013 SHOW SCHEDULE - William B. MacGregor, Jr.
www.junkyardartist.com/Show%20Schedule.htm
All Automotive Swap Meet & Flea Market- 300 vendors-one million parts. Eastern States Exposition Grounds (the Big-E) Better Living Center Building Memorial ...

57 Ford Kustom

Jay,
   I would Love to come down, sounds great! It would be a 7+ hr drive for me, I will look up some hotels and run it by my wife!
Thanks for the info!
Tim :unitedstates:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

Ecode70D

Tim
   If you do come, plan on doing some walking.  That place is huge.  There are tons of vendors and lots of stuff to see .   You will have a good time.
Jay

PS  Tim.. It sure would be nice to meet an actual member of this forum.   I'm beginning to think that  there are close to none here in Mass.  I don't remember seeing one post something.             
Jay

RICH MUISE

Jay..there is another member from Mass. who posts occasionally..I'm just not remembering his tag name....I'll do some research when I get a chance.
Sounds like a great swap meet. The size sounds about perfect for a good day's outing. Either tonight or tommorrow night I'm driving down to Fort Worth for the Pate swap meet to see if I can survive another year of over-doing it! The Pate swap meet is now the 3rd largest in the country. I was looking at the layout for the pate swap meet to try and get an idea of the physical size of the place. Each "block" has an average of 11 streets, with 50 spaces on each side, and there are 5 blocks...totalling, I'm guessing 3/4 mile. I walk both side of each street rather than trying to see both sides, so that's 3/4 mile x 2 x 11 streets..about 15 miles of walking! One of these days my age is going to outvote my cheapness at spending 75 bucks for a motorized scooter rental!
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ecode70D

Rich
     I tried to get one or two other guys to sign up, but so far nothing has happened.   They don't know what they are missing.  There is a wealth of knowledge on this forum and  the guys genuinely try to be helpful and share what they know. 
     The Mansfield swap meet at the  Tweeter Center is pretty big and I can't walk the whole thing anymore.  Now I have to do it with a bicycle. 
      When you do that 15 mile one, do you at least have a wagon or a cart?  Buying spare parts tend to get heavy when you are putting that many miles on.
       Maybe that  member in Mass. sold his car.  That could be a reason that we don't hear from him.   Jay

RICH MUISE

I'm surprised at how many '57 Ford guys I talk to about this forumn with zero results as far as I know. They seem very interested..write down the address for it, but I've yet to see one of the 15 or 20 guys I've talked to join..maybe there just lurking.
Yesterday..I had stopped about 80 miles north of the swap meet the night before, so I drove that final leg yesterday, arrived about 9,left at 5:30, drove the 350 miles home. I could have qualified for a roll on the Walking Dead last night when I got home. I talked to one of the Pate Guys out of curiosity, and my estimate of the miles was pretty close...about 14 if you walk both side of each aisle.
I bought a large fold-up 4 wheels verticle shopping cart for the swap meets..works out great for holding jackets, cool drinks, etc. I filled mine up yesterday with "stuff". I scored an aluminum radiator shroud for 10 bucks..not sure if it'll fit, but it eyeballs about the right size. I got it in case I can't use the Mark viii fans and shroud. Too cheap to leave there! I'll do a post in the events section on the more-than-usual '57 stuff I saw there.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

jumping jack flash

Can't wait to see that list of things I missed.Maybe next year.