News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Hi!

Started by Racheromama, 2017-09-08 15:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Racheromama

Just got approved for the forum!
We are finishing up out 57 ranchero custom and are selling some of the extra trim pieces.. the bumper guards, a set and and extra lol,  and one of the paint divider trim pieces...
I have them listed on ebay and on the classifieds here..
Im ISO the gold trim.. I know that many dont like it, but I all the flashy stuff... anyone have a set?

lalessi1

Welcome to the forum! The "paint dividers" (folks are usually looking for) are pot metal castings that were used on Customs that received two tone paint. It is a more or less square part that has black lines painted on it. There is a pic in the section your listing is in. FYI, Burton Antique Reproductions makes the gold trim stuff but not the surrounding trim pieces. A bit pricey... :003:
Lynn

Racheromama

Anybody make the surround? Anyone have a set to sell?

Racheromama

Anyone in Phoenix?

KYBlueOval

Quote from: lalessi1 on 2017-09-08 16:34
Welcome to the forum! The "paint dividers" (folks are usually looking for) are pot metal castings that were used on Customs that received two tone paint. It is a more or less square part that has black lines painted on it. There is a pic in the section your listing is in. FYI, Burton Antique Reproductions makes the gold trim stuff but not the surrounding trim pieces. A bit pricey... :003:
Lynn.......the paint divider he has is for a Ranchero, that goes on the top of the rear fenders.
John

Racheromama

Here's a pic

RICH MUISE

Quote from: Racheromama on 2017-09-08 22:10
Anyone in Phoenix?
Check with Desert Valley Auto Parts in Casa Grande, when I was there a few years ago they had a few Rancheros. If you've done a restoration though, you probably won't like what you'll find on a parts car.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Limey57

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2017-09-10 19:32
Check with Desert Valley Auto Parts in Casa Grande, when I was there a few years ago they had a few Rancheros. If you've done a restoration though, you probably won't like what you'll find on a parts car.

Sadly that's so true.  Like a lot of car-folk I always get excited when I find some old car that's been sitting in a farm for years, especially when it's complete.  You manage to buy it & drag it home only to find that most of the "rare spare parts" are just as bad as the ones you already have!  Having said that having a spares car is invaluable for reminding you of where everything goes back together, no matter how many photos & notes you make, you always manage to forget something!!!
Gary

1957 Ranchero