News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

rear window stainless trim

Started by Alex L., 2010-10-30 12:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex L.

Would some kind soul be willing to take some detailed photo's of the back glass stainless trim on a 57 hard top? I am trying to get some and i do not have the original pieces which came with my car so it is a bit hard for me to know if a piece i am looking at over the internet is correct. I have the piece which goes over the top of the glass but not the parts that run down the sides of the glass or along the base by the trunk lid. Any help would be appreciated, Thank youi.

RICH MUISE

I can't help you...mine is a sedan, but I'm curious if you happen to be the fella I saw at a show in Texas that was missing some rear window side trim. Do you live in Oklahoma?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Alex L.

No, i live in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada.

Alex L.

I'm sure the sedan and the coupe have the same rear windows.

Alex L.

When i say rear window i mean the rear windshield.

wildhog

I HAVE A 58 PARTS CAR WITH THE REAR WINDOW TRIM ON IT, I WILL CHECK TO SEE IF IT IS THE SAME.TOM
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

Alex L.

I've already been talking to somebody who has some trim to sell to me, but they got it as part of a large lot of parts they bought so they cant check it against.

RICH MUISE

Alex...I forgot to mention my sedan is a custom..definetly different from the fairlane models. I live in Texas but my heritage is French Canadian...My father was born in Halifax (Muise side of the family) and my mom was from N.B.(Breau/Cormier)...definetly French!

Alex L.

Bah, originating from the greatest place in the world and yet you have defected to the republic of texas.... Just kidding, warm weather and no road salt would be nice.

Does anyone with a 57 fairlane 500 have the time to take a detailed picture of the rear window trim? I am still in need of this picture. Pretty Please?

Rideau 500

I can probably help but I need clarification. In your first post you mention 57 hardtop. In another you are talking about a sedan and coupe. I need to know which model, 63B etc. Larry

Alex L.

Cool, I have a 57 Fairlane 500, two door, hard top. That is the car i am looking for parts for. I'm not sure what number and letter combination body that is, if you can tell from the information given let me know. Thank you very much.

Rideau 500

OK it is a 64A. I will try to get the pics this afternoon and send this eve. I am 4 hours behind you so will probably be late

Larry M

Rideau 500

Tried to send pics through this site but I guess it didn't work. send me your email address to lrodgers1940@gmail.com and I will email them direct

RICH MUISE

I'm confused...I guess we have 2 Larrys on this subject..Anyway Rideau 500 ...a while back I did a post on resizing and posting pictures here that helped some of the guys...you will find it in "general discusions"...currently on page five at the top.