News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Fall Super Swap at Columbus

Started by JPotter57, 2011-11-23 23:49

Previous topic - Next topic

JPotter57

Anybody going?  I bought a Ford van to replace my wifes bowtie Suburban, and will be flying up and picking it up in Indy on Friday afternoon.  I'm thinking I may swing over to Columbus on saturday morning for a while.  If anyone is going, post up here and I will give you my cell number if you want to meet and maybe grab some lunch.  Tom Drummond in particular, if you are going, either call or email me...I'm still interested in that front seat if you can bring it with you.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

wv 57s forever

thought about going on sunday, have to work on Saturday. talked to Larry Nicholson he is going on Saturday. i have his cell # if you want it James.

JPotter57

Send it to me by pm Alan....I will be in Columbus in a couple hours. I plan on being there early in the am.
Old, loud, and fast.

JPotter57

Well, I suppose if you are building a Mustang of about any year, the Fall Swap would ne worth the drive.  In retrospect, I wish I had headed south last night instead of going to the swap.  Total waste of time and fuel unless you're building a fox or sn95 mustang....add in the mild dose of food poisoning and the "urban youths" beating on the walls and door of tbe motel last night, and you see why it was a wash.....
Old, loud, and fast.

wv 57s forever

JPotter57

I didnt see anyone I knew.  After the being sick ordeal, I didnt really feel like being social anyway...I did look at everything, though if there was a large amount of mustang stuff, especially late model, I just passed on by.  It was the first time I have been disappointed at that swapmeet.  I started to call Larry, but I really needed to get started toward home.  I am at my dads place in TN right now, will be leaving for MS at 0500 tomorrow...I will habe flown 875 miles & driven 1150 miles by the time I get home...tired man.
Old, loud, and fast.