News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

weatherstripping

Started by 57 imposter, 2011-11-30 15:54

Previous topic - Next topic

57 imposter

Has anyone found a source for divider bars or the window run to reline my existing ones? I have checked with Carpenter and Dearborne and numerous web sites but am having no luck. the car is a two door post. Haven't taken anything apart yet so mine could be ok but I really doubt that they are.  Thanks for any help

tarheel57

Restoration Specialties sells this in a kit to do both sides.Cant remember the part number,but this is were I got mine to do my 300.Just give them a call and tell them what you need and they will know. Their phone number is : 814-467-9842  or  814-467-9282   or web site is   www.restorationspecialties.com    there in  Windber,PA.   Good luck, Tarheel57 :unitedstates:

Ford Blue blood

You might try a little trick I used on the 62 Bird I built.  Clean the existing liner out of the channel.  Get it "paint ready" clean.  Then put in the loop protion of velcro, use a roller for putting new rubber in screen windows to force it into the bottom and corners of the channel.  Use a razor to trim the excess off each side.  A little practice will show you how much pressure to put on the blade to cleanly cut the loop up tight against the stainless bead.  A 25 ft. roll was like 5 bucks.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

geraldchainsaw

to ford blue blood,    where would u pick up the valcro your talking about?,     thanks   jerry

RICH MUISE

57imposter:...try www.classicautoparts.com...they sell/make everything you should need
Gerald....Velcro can be readily found at Lowe's, Home depot,etc. in the hardware department.
Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ford Blue blood

Jerry we have an uhplostery supply place here in town, they have all sorts of stuff.  The velcro is in a roll, 2" wide, self adhesive (really, really sticky), both the hook and loop are sold seperately.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

57 imposter

Thanks .......I'll try both the suppliers and hopefully have some luck

Meteorman

Another site for all rubbers and weather stripping and lots of other stuff for 57s is, www.steelerubber.com  they are situated in Nth  Carolina.  I have used this co. and they have always been good to deal with. Worth checking out.