News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Started by capecodbob, 2011-12-06 21:59

Previous topic - Next topic

capecodbob

Hi , I am new to this board. The reason I joined is my Dad had a 57 that I helped him chose back in 61.
I really liked that car and walked by it at the used car lot on the way home from high school.
Not sure of the exact model but the trim was only on the back half of the car from the back windows to the tailight.
It was doeskin tan and white. It was bouhgt new by a mech at the Ford dealer and we had a long chat with him when we picked up the car.
He had added 57 T-Bird full disc wheel covers, A V bar on the front bumperattes, 57 Pontiac front fender ornaments. They looked like jet planes with short wings.
He had a 312 with a 4bbl carb and auto trans called and FX.
When I got my tickei I found out that car really flew.
One nite I happened to have the local showoff from a competing gas station from the one I hung out at, pull up next to me at the lites in the center of town a block down from his hang out gas station. He was driving a 64 chev impala with a 409.
I just kept looking straight ahead and when the lite changed I slammed it. Caught him off guard I was a whole car lenght ahead as we screamed past his gas station. LOL Loved it
All his biddies thinking he was getting his as** wiped.. A block later he passed. I realize it was not a fair drag but I liked it.
I really liked that car. Went to my prom in it.
Thanks for reading.
Have started building the model.
Like this one I copied from a member except the yellow was tan. Nice car.

Jerrys Kars

Was your dad's car a Club Sedan or a Vic two dr. HT?

Frankenstein57

Welcome, with all those memories- you should own one.   Mark

GaryI72

Welcome to the board.