News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

selling car

Started by geraldchainsaw, 2011-12-16 14:56

Previous topic - Next topic

geraldchainsaw

1st,  its not the 57.             what is the procedures for selling a car?,     when money is changing hands?,  how would u go about it,    i have given cash,  wrote out a checks,  which i was surprised the guy took,     but when they call fromm another state to do business,  they way things go now adays,  just give me a little advise on how to do it,  more safely,   thanks    jerry                   this is what i'm selling,  the 51

JimNolan

Jerry,
   Cash is the best policy. You can give him a receipt also. Anyone preparing to make a trip from out of state to buy your car has time to go to the bank and get cash to pay for it. Just tell the man you don't like banks and paperwork. Just think about it, crooks are the nicest people you can meet. They practice being nice. You never heard of anyone getting conned by someone they didn't trust or like.
I just sold my Monte Carlo to a guy here in town. He paid me with a personal check. It took ten days before the check cleared and that was on another bank here in town. He could have taken it out and wrecked it and then cancelled the check in that ten days if he had wanted to. Jim
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

JPotter57

Jerry, I am with Jim on this...Cash is the best for any kind of auto transfer, unless they have a certified bank check, and you can call the bank and verify.  If you didnt know, we have a section in our classified ads for listing Non-57 Ford cars.  We dont allow brand x posting on this site, but if you have a Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, or Edsel product of any year, you can post in in that section.  Your `51 is a good looking car, you should have no trouble selling it.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

shopratwoody

Sounds like good advise to me.
Nice looking 51 :004:
I hate blocksanding!

hogwagon

Years ago I bought a car for my wife from a woman in another part of the city that had us meet her at her bank and had the banker verify our funds and her title. Everybody happy.

rmk57

I sold a 64 Falcon hardtop a few years back for $9000, the fellow I sold it to paid me in mostly 20 dollar bills with a few grubby 50's mixed in. I didn't ask any questions and the money was good, but when I deposited the money in my bank the teller raised an eyebrow. As they say in Passtime "cash is good".  Randy :003:
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

Ford Blue blood

Uncle Ben is my friend..... :003:
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

F570RD