News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

body mount question

Started by 62galxe, 2012-01-07 17:12

Previous topic - Next topic

62galxe

I ordered a body mount kit for my wagon. The instructions show 4 special washers (flat washer with tabs). My wagon has over 20 of these washers. 2 per mount. is the kit wrong ?

62galxe

guess ill put it back like it came apart since I cant find out whats correct.

RICH MUISE

I suspect a lot of the guys were in the same situation as I was....it was so long between the time I disassembled the car and threw all the components in a bag, I wouldn't have known if the new ones were different from the old. I just put the different types on according to the diagram that came with the new kit. When you stop and think about it, it probably doesn't matter that much if the components are a little different shape, as long as they function correctly....as long as your not building a 100% spec car.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

62galxe

i zip tyed each one seperately and drew a map of what was where. bunch of difference between 2 plates and no plates. Ive got 20 more plates than the kit and all carpenter said was improper application (wagon).

RICH MUISE

I thought you were talking different plates, not no plates. My kit from Dennis Carpenter had double plates at all the locations..except the very front ones at the firewall are just washers. I'm just not sure if everything was an exact reproduction.
The full kits are in the 220.00 range, if that's what you paid, sounds to me like you got a wrong kit, or missing components....I can't imagine there would be any reason for the basic design of the mounts to be different on a wagon. Did your kit have instalation diagrams, and a list of components included, showing the double plates sandwiching the rubber?

dgasman

I think your talking about the body mount shims . My wagon had different number of shims on the mounts ranging from 1 to 3 . When I reinstalled the body I started with one shims and looked for the mounts that did not touch the body and added shims . I did have to reuse a lot of my original shims so the body would sit right on the frame. When its all mounted you wont see them , I just cleaned them and painted them with good paint. They say its not for a wagon but its 99% for a wagon . I know I had to reuse two of my mount plates and had a few extra pieces
HAPPY MOTORING
dgasman

RICH MUISE

Now that makes sense.