News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Barrett-Jackson

Started by Ford Blue blood, 2012-01-12 10:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Ford Blue blood

A few 57s going through.....Wednesday Lot # 406.2, a 2Dr. Ranch wagon, Thursday Lot # 636.2, another 2Dr. Ranch wagon, both customs.  Also on Thursday, Lot # 704 a restored Ranchero with a few extra touches I'm not sure were stock.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

Anybody else getting a feeling of some intense rivalry going on between BJ and all the other auction houses? I was going thru upcoming events at Hemmings.com and this year, and discovered  there are a half dozen auction houses all having auctions the same week in the Scottsdale area. looks to me like BJ was getting a little too pushy and the others are ganging up to fight back.
Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ford Blue blood

B-J has had competetors the same week for several years in the Scottsdale area.  The other auctions draw a different crowd, the cars are as nice but in a different sence.  They don't have the "pedigree" that most the B-J cars have.  Some folks here could actually bid and buy at those other auctions.....and they will let you carry in your partially comsumed bottle of water unlike the gate guards at B-J!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero

Lou

Several of my clients who have done business with BJ, have been unhappy with them about buying and selling. There biggest selling complaint is they have higher commissions than other auctions. The major buying complaint is they do not make the seller back up any claims with paper work, they just take the sellers word about history, production numbers, etc.
One the other hand I've heard nothing but good about Mecum.

Ford Blue blood

Just finished up watching the Impala/Tri 5/Nova/Chevelle/Camero/Corvette with commercials show.....OH.....I mean the Barrett-Jackson auction....  The 57s did pretty good, didn't see a single one go through so the numbers came off their web site.

Lot 406.2 a 2Dr Ranch wagon went for 38,500

Lot 636.2 another 2Dr Ranch wagon went for 18,500

and Lot 704 a Ranchero went for 38,500.

They did sell a 68 Mustang Elenor clone for 220,000!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero

RICH MUISE

I hadn't been watching that much of it in the past few years, but this year it's none at all thanks to direct tv dropping the speed channel.

Ford Blue blood

I'm about done with it.  Too much bull crap!  I could give a rip about tweeting them!  Don't care that there is a fahion show in the NEW "Life Styles" tent.  I want to see the cars and watch the money go out the door.....not really, just like to look at the workman ship and look for flaws in the high dollar stuff.  Mostly have watched it the last few years because an aquaintence has had several cars in the auction.  Had a Nash Metropolitan and an Amphicar back to back this year.  He is the guy that sold an Amphicar a few years back for 117K.

I'm with Dish, been with them since 2002 when all of the sudden the NASCAR race goes "snow and noise"!  Called the cable company to see whats up and was told they took the system dowm for routine mainenance.....what are you nuts?!?!....do it in the middle of the night......we have to pay overtime.....you're not paying overtime in the middle of the day on Sunday?....line went dead....got dial tone....called Dish and have been living happily ever after.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero

briney

Rich,

I have Direct TV and I get the speed channel on number 607...?

Patrick  Dallas TX   :unitedstates:
If it won't fit, force it.
If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.

RICH MUISE

Thanks Patrick...re-found it.

briney

If it won't fit, force it.
If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.

57 imposter

I taped the first four days and I did not see one of the 57 Fords covered. How much thinking do you think it would take to say for someone there to say " lets replace some of the 500 identical Comaro's with a few Fords just for a little variety.

Ford Blue blood

My point exactly!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero

glen b henderson

They did show a couple of the baby birds, a 57 went for $170,000 and a 56 went for $95,000. Both were single four barrel 312's, wonder what a E or F code would bring?
Freedom is not Free