News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

electric antenna

Started by geraldchainsaw, 2012-01-14 18:24

Previous topic - Next topic

geraldchainsaw

hi,  has any one put in a electric antenna yet?,    if so tell me what u did, where you ggot it,  things i might need to know.   thanks   jerry

[attachment deleted by admin]

Zapato

Gerald, I installed one in my 51 ford, first mistake made was using an aftermarket antenna. Failed in no time. OEM stuff is always going to be better quality. I'd search in a u-pull it yard and find one fits size wise for your intended location. Lots of cars are going to those weird little shark fin roof mounted pods. If you go the yard way grab any relays, switches etc,,, that are there. I'll see if I can find the very simple diagram that I used, lots of that stuff is still stashed away and may be just as well be considered lost at this time.

Zap- :unitedstates:

Am sure that the diagram I used came out of a very good Rod and Custom article at least 15 years old now. Not done using regular wiring schematics but illustrations. What I do seem to remember (and its a bit fuzzy) was the need for a 3 way switch. temporary on,off, temporary on with 6 lugs. 2power feeds and an across the switch connection from the power lugs. But I wouldn't swear to it. There are a lot of good wiring books out there wish someone would do a wiring for idiots version. I would instantly buy one.
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72