News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Curious, how many HAMBers on here?

Started by Zapato, 2012-01-15 11:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Zapato

Ok! I visit several sites most days. but the two I faithfully visit are here and the HAMB. Spot some of you guys there from time to time. So if you don't mind outing yourself this is your chance. And if you use a different handle there maybe you can share that also.  I'm Zapato here and there but over the years some guys started calling me Zap. So that's become my signature here. nicknames always seem better when given than when we assign them to ourselves.

Zap- :unitedstates: :006:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

Alex L.

I'm on there, pretty much the same name.

wildhog

Over on the H.A.M.B. I use E code Ragtop also use that on Y-block forever .This is the only site I use Wild Hog, maybe I should change so people know it's me????? Tom
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

Ford Blue blood

I'm Ford blue blood everywhere :burnout:
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

JimNolan

Zap,
   I use JimNolan on everything. Mainly because that's my name. I just went to the HAMB and tried to log in. I wasn't registered. I used to be. It's been years since I used it though. Had forgot about it until you brought it up. Thanks. The use of " Handles" when subscribing to a forum is very popular. The use of your name may not be that popular but it instills confidence with me in what that person has to say. The anonymity of a person today isn't like it used to be on the old CB radios anyway. Today most forums have a profile page to view it's membership. Jim
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

Zapato

E code check your  HAMB pms.
Zapato

JPotter57

I am JPotter57 here, Speedmaven everywhere else. I had logged me in as Speedmaven here at one time, but changed it to my name so everyone would know who I am.  When I had my last `57, I was known as Stroker57Ford, still have some accounts here and there with that name, but I havent been on them in years, mostly drag racing or all ford sites...
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

TexasFordGuy

I am on TxF100 on the HAMB, y-blockforever.com as well as www.ford-trucks.com where I hang out in the 48-56 trucks.
1957 Club Victoria (63B)
1955 F100

Frankenstein57

I've been active on the hamb, and y-blocks site. I keep the same name ,easier that way.  Mark :laughing7: :laughing7:

glen b henderson

I am Top Kick on the HAMB, but don't post on there anymore, the forum is too busy for me. A lot of good guys on there, but it always seems like a few jerks try too screw things up. I still check out some of the tech post and the classifieds.
Freedom is not Free

JPotter57

That's why I only read on the HAMB, Glen, most of those guys are either poser greaser wanna-be's, pyscho-billy musicians, or grumpy old farts.  Then there are the very few actual cool guys like Norwell on there trying to keep things straight.  I prefer this site and the Y-block site to the HAMB by far, and that's not just bias...
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

shopratwoody

I'm just shoprat over there. Think I tried to use it here also, but wouldn't go thru here.
I hate blocksanding!

Jeff Norwell

"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

Jeff Norwell

The site is very large and yes.I moderate there.Yes..with large groups..there are folks trying to always trying to stir the pot.... whether intentionally or not.
Some people truly have a different sense of what should be posted on there.Not all...but some.And we try to keep the sheets wrinkle free(I say try!)
Saying that it has some very good tech and I have made some great long lasting friendships.I have gained much knowledge and learned a lot.
Take from it what you will and use it to the fullest.
I like this site very much.....a real family /bench race/garage atmosphere.... very friendly and lots of help. Never seen any drama(I have not seen any) and it's refreshing.
My hat is off to running a site dedicated to a type of car or theme.... very tuff and a lot of time......trust me..I know.
My hat is off to sites like this or the Hamb.... much respect.
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

Zapato

Totally agree with you on this one Jeff. Lately what I find the most annoying are the self appointed "newbie" moderators. I'd ban half those a**holes.  Ripping a guy a new one because he doesn't do an intro is schoolyard bullying at its best. I have secretly hoped someone (like Gene Winfield) would come on for the first time register as GW#1 and say guys I've been painting cars and building customs since WW2 and am having trouble adjusting a hydraulic clutch. Then have the pack of hyenas pounce on him. With all their don't come on here and ask questions on your first post without doing an intro crap. And then having him flamed for a couple pages only to then reveal his identity. Maybe then they will crawl back in their holes.

And its not all yahoos over there. Again just like that before mentioned schoolyard there are people who know how to play nice and we all quickly learn who to gravitate to and who to ignore. Having said that at times it helps to be thick skinned. And definitely a lot kinder gentle place than when I first wandered in there 10+ years ago.

And I already knew most of you that have added to this list, count you as friends there as well as here.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato