News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Body piece question

Started by mtwilsonboy, 2012-01-23 05:07

Previous topic - Next topic

mtwilsonboy

Im not sure what this piece is called but it is the piece that runs above the grill and between ths two fenders and carries the Fairlane script. Is this piece the same size on the 57 and 58s. Are they interchangable? I bought my skyliner without the front end and bought pieces on ebay to make a complete front end .

JimNolan

I think it's the upper grille panel and there's one on Ebay now that's drilled for the F O R D like on a custom or flip-top. Jim
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

glen b henderson

58 is not the same as 57
Freedom is not Free

mtwilsonboy

Quote from: JimNolan on 2012-01-23 06:43
I think it's the upper grille panel and there's one on Ebay now that's drilled for the F O R D like on a custom or flip-top. Jim
Thanks for the imfo. I bought this one on ebay a while back and not sure what it came off of. This one I have has the ford script on it.

mtwilsonboy

Quote from: glen b henderson on 2012-01-23 08:55
58 is not the same as 57
Thanks for the reply. Do you know what the difference would be between the two years? If the one I have wont fit Im going to have to locate a different panel.

RICH MUISE

I couldn't remember what the 58 looked like...I suspected it was different because the grille is different. I searched for pics of 58 and it is totally different. If you poke in 58 ford fairlane in your brouser search button it should give you a bunch of pics to look at and see the difference.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

mtwilsonboy

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2012-01-23 12:06
I couldn't remember what the 58 looked like...I suspected it was different because the grille is different. I searched for pics of 58 and it is totally different. If you poke in 58 ford fairlane in your brouser search button it should give you a bunch of pics to look at and see the difference.
Thanks for your input. I got this onr off of ebay and am not sure if it was from a 58 or 57. I just hate to spend time and money prepping and painting it to find it wont work.

shopratwoody

I've heard it called a "header panel" :001:
I hate blocksanding!

Frankenstein57

I have the 57 and 58 in the shop staring at one another, and they are different. I had heard that all 57's front ends are the same. Mark

canadian_ranchero

the ford parts book says 57 is all the same[the letters are different,drill or plug letter holes as needed]58 is a different part number

Frankenstein57

I was in the shop tonight, the 58 filler panel is 5" straight down with a chrome /  stainless molding at the bottom by the grille. The 57 comes to a point, like a V.  So, that should tell you what you have. Mark