News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Happy New Year!!!

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-01-01 09:46

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

I hope all the members here have a great new year....Well I guess anybody reading this, along with the rest of the world, survived the Mayan end of the world so I guess that, if nothing else, is a good start for the new year, LOL.
Looking back at last year, once again I'm not where I wanted to be on my '57..I have a feeling I'm not alone on that subject. It was nice to see alot of new members on the forumn last year, particularly good to see them posting!
My plans for this year are just more of the same..move my '57 along as much as posible, move my house restoration along as much as posible, do lots of road trips and meet as many car people with similar interests as posible, and maybe even get to visit with some of my family.
What are your plans for the next year??
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

hiball3985

Happy New Year to you to Rich and all the other members. My first new year project will be rebuilding the front suspension and getting the 58 steering box installed. Then it will be new tires. I'm not sure what will be next on the endless list.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

57 Ford Kustom

Happy new years Guys,
   Well Rich, I have an interior and an engine to complete first off! But by summer I plan on running the old circuits my Dad did while he was with us, Cruise nights, shows etc.It has been three years since people have seen Tom's ride at functions. My Dad was a colonial in the KKOA, so maybe a trip to Gettysburg Pa. But I am most looking forward to bringing my Grandchildren riding (Ice cream runs) in there great grandpa's ride. My kid's all remember rides with Grandpa, and I plan on keeping the tradition going with our beloved 57' Ford.
Thanks,
Tim :unitedstates:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

hiball3985

Quote from: 57 Ford Kustom on 2013-01-01 10:17
Happy new years Guys,
   Well Rich, I have an interior and an engine to complete first off! But by summer I plan on running the old circuits my Dad did while he was with us, Cruise nights, shows etc.It has been three years since people have seen Tom's ride at functions. My Dad was a colonial in the KKOA, so maybe a trip to Gettysburg Pa. But I am most looking forward to bringing my Grandchildren riding (Ice cream runs) in there great grandpa's ride. My kid's all remember rides with Grandpa, and I plan on keeping the tradition going with our beloved 57' Ford.
Thanks,
Tim :unitedstates:
That's great Tim. Yesterday was the first time my grand kids road in the Ranchero, they had never ridden in anything that two adults and two kids ( 7 and 9 ) all fit on one seat  :003:
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Frankenstein57

My new year got off to a bad start, my son was returning home to his workplace in Kansas city, got robbed of his backpack in Chicago's union station.  Had a $1,000 laptop in there, with all his work files on it, along with $120 in cash and other Christmas gifts.The good news is he wasn't hurt, can always get another lap top. My sisters boyfriend has kids who are cops in Chicago, under budgeted ,200 officers short. They are losing control of the loop, gangs roaming all over, preying on travelers and students. As for the new year, I'm moving forward with my stalled 57 project. I plan to finish the chassis, welding and fitting things, then paint and assemble. If I don't find a better more solid body, I'll start fixing that one. This spring I'll chase a vibration in the 58, maybe some nice wheels.  Mark

hiball3985

Rancheros are so multi purpose. The grand kids waiting for the B2 flyover at the Rose Parade. It comes over our house before the parade.
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

robhaerr

Happy New Year, All!

My plans for 2013 are to...
-continue the small projects in the 'wagon
-continue playing drums with this band (lots of YouTube clips here, along with the clips of Project 302...
http://www.youtube.com/user/robhaerr?feature=mhee )
-continue working my "day job"
-continue to support our kids in their efforts

...basically to continue living a balanced life as much as possible.

All the best to you all for this coming year...I appreciate all your input!

Rob

RICH MUISE

Mark...sorry to hear of you're son's misfortune. As you said..fortunatly only material stuff lost but it still sucks. I saw on the news just a few days ago about chicago getting out of control..over 500 murders in Chicago in '12.

Re$urrected57

Happy New Year to all.  My plans are to continue to gather everything for my build.  Hopefully within the month I will get ready for disassembly.  I hope to at least have the car drivable by this time next year.  Looking forward to seeing everybody's builds.  This is a very inspiring site, with great work showing in your cars.  Thanks for having me here.

redshoes57

I wish a happy and prosperous new year to everyone.

Tom S

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2013-01-01 09:46
Well I guess anybody reading this, along with the rest of the world, survived the Mayan end of the world so ...
It had been pretty cold here for quite a while & everybody was wishing it would warm up when I saw this forecast ...from somewhere else. I guess this forecast was wrong.  Didn't want it to warm up that much anyway.     :001:

HNY, guys!   :occasion14:

57AGIN

Tom S:

I think you picked up the weather forcast for the week of December 21, 2012.  Yeah, the end of the Mayan Calendar.  I personally think they just ran out of rock when they were makeing the calendar.  lol

My New Year plans are to get one of those 50's "Legacy" license plates for 57 AGIN or 57 AGAIN, get the 57 back onto a drag strip, see about converting my Auto Meter gauges to the Cobalt series and convert the 2 wheel discs to a 4 wheel set up.  We'll see what this retirement stuff is all about, too.

Bob
57 AGIN

F570RD

Happy New Year to all the guy's here!Bob...back on the strip?...Cool :001:

Ecode70D

I'm new to the forum, but would like to wish all of the members and their families a happy and prosperous, healthy and safe New Year.
    My resolution is to finish the block sanding on my 57 Ford, and get it painted early this coming summer. 
Jay
    PS  I absolutely do not like block sanding.

RICH MUISE

Oh you're gonna fit right in..no one here likes blocksanding. (actually I kinda enjoyed the final high build blocking, but we won't tell anybody)