News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Rear upper shock mount repair kit

Started by Wirenut, 2019-03-06 21:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Wirenut

If any of you have a repair kit for the upper shock mount would you post a photo of one for me. Mine were not on the car frame when I bought it so I drilled the  support bar and extended the shock threaded bolt though it. It has worked now for several years but I hit a pothole with a friend in the back seat and the bolt broke, so I need to repair it better. I'll probably make a angle bracket and weld it but if the repair part looks like a descent application I may try and replicate a bolt on mount so I don't have to weld under the car.
Thanks in advance.

terry_208

I took one of the bolt on shock hangers of mine. Is that what you're looking for? It was held on with a u-bolt over the round cross member.
Terry

Wirenut

Yes, that's what I am looking for, I would like to see what they look like. Thanks

terry_208

I'm out of town until Monday evening. I broke the u-bolt taking it off but did keep the rest of it.  If you haven't gotten a pic by then shoot me a pm with your # and I'll txt a pic to you.
Terry

terry_208

I'm out of town until Monday evening. I broke the u-bolt taking it off but did keep the rest of it.  If you haven't gotten a pic by then shoot me a pm with your # and I'll txt a pic to you.
Terry

Tom S

Quote from: terry_208 on 2019-03-08 22:45
Why not post the pic here so others can see what it looks like?

Wirenut

No hurry Terry, thank you. I tried googling and eBay for postings but no luck. I appreciate your help. Safe travels

terry_208

Quote from: Tom S on 2019-03-08 23:38
Why not post the pic here so others can see what it looks like?
I'll give it a try. I haven't updated my build and don't remember how to post. I'll have to refresh my self from my notes. Maybe Monday evening or perhaps Tuesday morning.
Terry

fdlrc

If its what I'm thinking of, you can have the ones I took off my Custom 300.
Other- Original owner of 1974 Bronco

fdlrc

I sent an email.

Wirenut

!0/4, I responded but it may have went to your spam. I would like to have them, they're better than anything I could fabricate. Let me know where to send shipping amount and I would also like to pay you something for them. My address is on the email, I can do pay pal or send a check, whichever you prefer.
Thank you, Kerby

Ecode70D

Those shock brackets are real interesting.   It took me a few minutes to figure out how they work.  Can't remember seeing anything like that. 

djfordmanjack

I believe I do have a similar NORS kit somewhere. if I can find it, will post pics here just for reference.

Ecode70D

It almost looks like they make one and they can be switched from left to right.

fdlrc

I got the second one out, and yes they are the same.