News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

New Members

Started by lslevin, 2020-07-21 11:43

Previous topic - Next topic

lslevin

Hello all, we are Larry and Lynn Slevin.  Both of us recently joined the forum as we have acquired two 1957 Fords.  One is a Country Sedan resto mod, the other is a Blue and White Sunliner!!!! See attached pictures!!!  The sunliner just came to us a week ago and has some minor issues.  It has an Edelbrock carb on it and it does not want to work correctly.  Thinking of getting a new Holley and putting it on.  Anybody have some suggestions on this type of issue?  Also, we need a dipstick tube.  I have seen a couple of reproductions but wonder how well they fit.  We are looking forward to driving our cars and becoming active on the Forum!!!  Thank you and nice meeting you all!!!

Jeff Norwell

Welcome! Beautiful 57's!
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

djfordmanjack

welcome guys !
Great to see a lady driver and 57 owner too!
Wow, those are beauties! I also have a Country Sedan here in Europe.
Let us see what you have on the engine. I usually have made good experience with the Carter/Edelbrock carbs, maybe yours is just too big, too small, or of the wrong application. Please specify the engine and the carb # that is stamped into the carb base.

mustang6984

I knew Gunther wpuld be all over this post! LOL!!!  Someone else to talk Country Sedans with!  :003:

Welcome Larry and Lynn. Lots of guys here can help out with pretty much any issue you may stumble upon down the road. Best thing is...they LOVE to help out. Enjoy...and again...welcome aboard!   :006:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

fdlrc

Hi guys, what a nice pair of cars. I've had both Holley and Edelbrock carbs on my 302s. They are all in the 600 cfm range. I just love the Edelbrock 1406. Right out of the box it just works. My Ford Racing crate engine came with a 570 cfm Holley Avenger. It was okay, but I did replace it with a Edelbrock 1406.

I imagine either one will give you what you need.

Welcome
Other- Original owner of 1974 Bronco

Flyineatride

Welcome.  A couple of nice looking cars you have there.

RICH MUISE

Welcome Lynn and Larry!! Both beautiful cars. We love pics, so show us some more.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ford Blue blood

Welcome guys to the best in the world board! 

Really nice cars, as Rich says we LOVE PICS. 

I hope you find this place as warm, welcoming and family safe as the rest of us have.  No such thing as a dumb question, many of us have been there.  Many have shared their experiences, the good, the bad and the ugly, without fear of ridicule (except suggesting a SBC in one of our cars) and treat them as learning experiences.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

lslevin

Thank you all for the kind words.  We recently sold a Talladega and a 1969 SCJ Fairlane Cobra.  We decided to move in a completely new direction for our hobby!!!  So far we love it.  The number on the front of the card is 14062303.  I have had a lot of Holley's but never an Edelbrock before.  Pictures coming shortly.

lslevin

Here are some pictures of the engine and carb.  The issue we are fighting is erratic idle.  Sometimes it is smooth as silk...other times it will not run at all.  In fact once the engine is hot the car will not restart without a "cooling off" period.  There is no apparent reason for this behavior.  I did notice the vacuum advance line from the distributor is hooked into the front of the carb.  Could this whole thing be a vacuum issue?  Thank you for reading

lslevin

Here are some more pictures of the Sunliner

lslevin

Here are some images of the resto mod wagon!!!!

rmk57

Sounds a lot like the symptoms of vapor lock. A phenolic spacer between the intake and carburetor and there is also a fuel line wrap to keep the heat from your steel fuel line. If possible try and keep your fuel line away from your exhaust or other heat sources. It would cost more but running premium gas could help as it has less ethanol in it.

Nice cars by the way.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

FiveSevenLiter

Welcome from north of the border.  Good looking fleet.
What is your location?
Terry
:canada:
1957 Custom 300 - since 2012
1951 Mercury M3 - since 2004
1951 Ford F1 - since 1987
1950 Ford Tudor - since 2019
2009 Sport Trac Adrenalin

Fabulous50s

That wagon!Ahhhhhh! I'm in love!
Taylor....north of ordinary!

59 Galaxie 500 Town Sedan, 352 2-speed Ford-O-Matic.. changing to 3+O/D Granada Toploader.