News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Vent window locks

Started by RICH MUISE, 2021-01-26 19:52

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

I have an old wing window assembly off of a Ranchero door I picked up a few years ago. Yesterday when I was getting a bracket for the assembly off to send to a member, I noticed the lock lever was reversed from what I have on my '57. After playing with it a bit, I realized I somehow must have switched the levers right to left. Mine do work, but not as smooth and positive as the old one I was playing with. My Custom has repop locking levers, so I always attributed the stiffness to the reproduction quality.
So, when you lock your wing windows, do you move the lever to the front or to the back? Mine currently go to the back, but that old assembly has it moving to the front. And someone please refresh my memory.....is that a roll pin that's securing them?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

rmk57

Mine move to the front. Pulling it back to the closed position should pop the little button and lock it.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

RICH MUISE

Ok. thanks for the confirmation. Guess I've got another project. I looked again, and that is a tiny roll pin, but not a thru hole, so I'll have to drill them out.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

hiball3985

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2021-01-26 21:54
Ok. thanks for the confirmation. Guess I've got another project. I looked again, and that is a tiny roll pin, but not a thru hole, so I'll have to drill them out.
Mine were reversed also when I first got the car, I changed it to the correct position. I think people reversed them so they were close to the door lock buttons to help keeping people ( thieves ) from being able to pull the locks up easily with a coat hanger. My pins came out without drilling that I remember..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

John Palmer

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2021-01-26 21:54

Maybe try a very small sheet metal screw mounted into the end of a slide hammer.  All you need is just a little pull, then you can grab it with the vise grips.  Usually, on things like this, your first try, is your best try.

John