News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

1957 Ford Country Sedan mocha silver V8 4dr wagon

Started by djfordmanjack, 2016-11-29 03:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Fairlane62

Quote from: djfordmanjack on 2023-08-13 15:55throwing crankshafts (winner of the day about 6 yards)

What type crankshaft did you throw?  Ch**y cranks are heavier than most Fords, but I've thrown more of them in the scrap bin.  :023:

djfordmanjack

yes it was a SBC crankshaft. it was just for fun and raising a little spending money for the organizing club. I don't know whether or not the crankshaft was donated by the 57 Chef 4dr wagon owner.... :003:

yesterday we had a holiday, so I took the wagon out to my parents place in the country.

CobraJoe

Very nice.
The views must be spectacular!
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

RICH MUISE

I miss the mountains! That's beautiful country. Are the spikes on the roof to help prevent ice/snow avalanches?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

djfordmanjack

It is indeed a nice place to be! My parents are building a 2 car addition to our garage/shed/driveway, so the 57CS may even get shelter in the future  :002:
Yes Rich, those are spikes preventing ice and snow avalanches from the roof. up to 40 inches of snow in a day can be quite normal, a few times of the winter. You guys would be breathing well in summer, temps rarely go over 85F, always a nice breeze up from the valley. It was really a super nice day out with family ( which obviously the 57CS is already a member of as well.... :003: )

Jeff Norwell

"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

Marc

Wow what a beautiful place! I'm not a fan of snow at all, but I wouldn't mind it so much in a place like that.

djfordmanjack

Thanx guys ! I don't have to tell you about winter, Jeff..... :002:
Marc, same with me. Personally I like it warm and sunny, but as an Austrian, I DO ski and climb summits, and I absolutely love wintertime at my parents place in the country. Also there is no salt on local roads, and it is just the snow plow and the rest is up to your driving skills!

djfordmanjack

My friend of 30 years, Martin took this short video clip today. 57 exiting his driveway. I am driving it on a daily basis again. If it wasn't for the car size ( compared to Austrian streets), it makes an ideal around town daily driver.

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

mustang6984

Sweet! Jealous people in your rear-view mirror daily I am sure!  :003:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

djfordmanjack

Back home after a 95 degree late summer day, took some brake drums and mechanical parts to a machine shop for inspection and doing grocery around noon. I just randomly parked her in a spot under the trees where I usually never park. Also the Merc I didn't care to put on the ramp ( of the sheltered lift), so she took a summer nap under the ole cherry tree. Little did I know what would happen after sun down and shop lights on... total coincidence. This is about my best night of the year probably... :003:

1930artdeco

Love the pics, not sure if the wagon is waiting to run you over for leaving her outside or she just want to come inside and be by the fire :003: .
1930 Model A Townsedan
1957 Country Sedan

mustang6984

Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

RICH MUISE

Awesome pics. Gotta love the low-key shots!
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe