News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

forumn issues

Started by RICH MUISE, 2020-11-18 10:13

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

Well, that was a futile exercise. I cannot log on to the help center because I am not a registered administrator. I did get to online chat with one of their techs, and that ended up being the futile part. I kept telling her it was a forum wide issue with all our members, told her the error message we were getting, and she kept asking about MY computer! She eventually turned me over to what I thought was going to be one of THEIR techs, but she referred me to an non-related online geek service that answers questions about computer problems in general. I told her at least twice this wasn't an issue with my computer, but we felt was an issue on their end.
I did find out we are running on an outdated program that needs to be updated, but It's not my place to make any changes to the forum without James' approval. Besides that, I can't log on to the host's site to do it anyways.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

CobraJoe

I figured that it may be outdated and they may not support it any longer. They may force you/us to go into a newer format and we all know how well everyone likes change......
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

Jeff Norwell

Upgrades are a necessary evil... and if the Upgrade needs to go deep and wide... the company may not support it anymore.
Hope not.

These message groups are not cheap.

"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

RICH MUISE

Actually, I had a few surprises. The version we are using is -16, and the newer version is -17., so we're not that far behind and it is still supported. It just takes a click on the button to add the FREE latest version. It corrects some bugs rather than being a change. As they word it, -17 is just what -16 was supposed to be, just some corrections rather than changes. As I mentioned, to add that version, one has to be logged in as an administrator.
They are working on an entirely new, soon-to-be-released version.

Jeff Norwell

Excellent new Rich.... that takes away the anxiety of being outdated.Once you get into the system... I think you will have no issues
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

CobraJoe

That is great news, apparently God likes us old people who hate change.    :003:
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

RICH MUISE

Just typed a reply, not sure where it went, so I'll try again.
I'm not sure what the great news was, basically I'm saying I cannot get into the system because I'm not authorized, so we just have to wait for James. I guess it's great news that our version is not that old.

RICH MUISE

I think tomorrow I'll try getting the host again......and hopefully get a different tech. She kept asking questions like it was an issue with my computer and referred me to an "expert" online site. called JUST ANSWERS. The first teckie I got there told me an administrator needed to increase our file allowed size, after I replied I wasn't satisfied with that answer, and explained to him why, he referred me to another teckie for a second opinion. He agreed it was a host issue.

RICH MUISE

Just for grins, I'll try posting a pic again
nope, ain't workin'

mustang6984

I suspected it was a host issue...keep at it...you got the bit in your mouth now...RUN!  LOL!!!
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Ford Blue blood

Rich I found the same place you did (I suspect) and was denied any info or entry because of not being a moderator.  Never did get to talk to a real person, the "help chat" ( I use that loosely as well ) never responded to my questions even though they acknowledged that I was on with them????  Yup, we need to find James.....or who was he in talks with to take over the site?  He/she/they most certainly must have an idea of how/what/when things went south....

I suspect this has been suggested before, is anyone on F/B?  I am not, maybe if a member is there are you allowed to search for people?
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

I sent him a message a few days ago thru the facebook 57 site. Last night I was looking for someone's phone info on my Iphone and was surprised to see a listing for James on there. I don't remember putting in that info, but I don't remember a lot of things anymore. I don't think I've ever talked to him on the phone. I'll maybe wait until tomorrow (Saturday) to give that a try.
I have no clue who it was he offered the site to on facebook. pm sent

geraldchainsaw

still can't post any ones pictures

abe_lugo

Guys.  I recall something like this happening one one of the forums I visit. The part with the upload folder. 
It might have even been the HAMB many generations ago.

The thing that is not working is allowing for users to hotlink photos.

Which would mean that posting external links is somehow blocked. 

Otherwise we would be able to post a link for a photo and any user can click and go to the page.

Abe      Los Angeles, CA  IN Los Angeles proper. 90008

mustang6984

Not getting ANY notifications on threads I have marked for notifications. And every thread I post in...I have to physically request that there be notifications on each one as opposed to that being automatic.
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker