News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

LAPD 57 car in Hagerty's magazine

Started by 1930artdeco, 2021-09-03 14:55

Previous topic - Next topic

1930artdeco

Hope this is ok to post. If not you can take it down. But saw an article about a real 57 LAPD cruiser in Hagerty's drivers club mag. I though it was interesting in that it came with a 6 cyl and not an 8.

Mike
1930 Model A Townsedan
1957 Country Sedan

1930artdeco

Here are the pics. Sorry about the pics, I give up on trying to get things correctly oriented, I follow the rules and they still end up like this :mumum:
1930 Model A Townsedan
1957 Country Sedan

Lou

I saw the article in Hagertys' magazine, that car was built by Robert Stentz who is a member here. I did the original appraisal on it for insurance, the picture don't do the car justice the workmanship and detail are amazing. The last time I talked to Robert he had found a 59 Ford police car and was thinking about restoring it.

mustang6984

SWEET ride! Nice resto job too!
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

59meteor

I got the Hagerty magazine in the mail last week for the first time, as I am a recent customer of Hagerty. Quite a nice magazine, with Jay Leno and Wayne Carini having columns inside, pretty cool. As for the 57 LA Police car, I too was quite suprised to see a 223 6 cylinder and "3 on the tree" manual transmission. Obviously not much of a Highway Patrol car, but likely adequate for city duty.
1959 Meteor 2 door sedan , 428 Cobra Jet 4 speed. Been drag racing Fords (mostly FEs) 47 years and counting.
Previous 50s Fords include 57 Custom 4 door, 2 57 Ford Sedan Deliveries, 59  Country Sedan, and as a 9 year old, fell in love with the family 58 2 door Ranch Wagon.

CobraJoe

I had the same mag, so I fixed the pics for you:

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

RICH MUISE

Pretty amazing!!
I was confused a little with his opening sentence where he talks about his Custom 300 patrol car......I guess that was a reference to another vehicle.?
Thanks for fixing the pics, Joe.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

hiball3985

Thank you Joe :001: The picture of the 223 brings back so many memories of my first 57.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

mustang6984

Pretty impressive restoration. A real head turner today I am sure.
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Rancher

223!?!
If I knew that I would've shoved in the overdrive knob  went for second gear, instead of been looking for a place to pull over. Lol

There's a very authentic Michigan State Police car around.
Not sure if it's genUine MSP or a re-creation.

Somewhere I saw a brochure with available police gear spread out around a '57 - maybe here? Anyway, seems like even the prerequisite Tommy Gun was included. lol

1930artdeco

Thanks for fixing the pics Joe. No matter what I do, I can't seem to get pics to load correctly.

Mike
1930 Model A Townsedan
1957 Country Sedan

CobraJoe

No worries Mike, my pleasure