News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

which electric wiper motor

Started by 1930artdeco, 2022-01-05 04:22

Previous topic - Next topic

hiball3985

Rich, I think the vacuum wipers were Trico. I'm using the Chebby electric motor and it is marked Delco.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

gasman826

Yep...Delco.  Mine was the '57 version and was the preferred year with the rebuilders and available parts.

KULTULZ

Quote from: 59meteor on 2022-01-08 09:11

Kultulz, my understanding is that the first year that Ford offered optional electric wipers on a passenger car, was 1959.

My 59, and a few others that I parted out, all had the vacuum wipers, but I have 3 of the electric wiper motors that I had gotten from other 59s. The wiper motor itself looks very similar to the 56-7 Chevy, however, where the Chevy version only has a single wire visible, the 59 Ford motor has that same single power wire, but also has a sheetmetal top plate with 5 individual wires plugged into the switch. The Chevy motor must have a simpler, concealed wiring switch. I have photos of my 59 electric wiper motor, as well as a couple of my old 57 Sedan Delivery engine compartment, with the Chevy motor installed, but they are on my cell phone, and I seem unable to post photos onto this forum, from my phone.

You are correct as for 59. It was the first year FORD offered it as an option.

Prior to that, from the restoration sources I have read, it was a limited option in 57 as DELCO-REMY could not meet the demand for both GM and outside supply. I will try to find that info again to CYA. CHEBY went to electric wipers in 1958 (used either prior to 58).

It was a 57 DELCO unit and there were several updates (PN). You can research it on the CHEBY sites as to PN and production date if you are a numbers correct individual such as myself. There are also ways to make the motor multi-functional. It was marked DELCO with a GM PART NUMBER. TRICO made the vacuum motors.

MEL DIVISION - 1958-1960

MERCURY - EDSEL - LINCOLN

RICH MUISE

My bad....thanks for the correction.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

KULTULZ

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2022-01-08 13:03

My bad....thanks for the correction.

If you are talking to me there is no correction as I don't know 100%.

I have found it easier not to correct a moderator as like a traffic cop, he can bring smoke on your posterior ...  :006:
MEL DIVISION - 1958-1960

RICH MUISE

Haha..that's funny! If you followed my build threads, you'd know I'm not the moderator because of my knowledge, and most of my 10k+ posts are asking questions.......trying to figure stuff out. I'm only the moderator because I'm here all the time........as my post count indicates, and speaking of traffic cops, I'm here just to keep Jim from posting pics of female state trooper recruits standing next to her '57 Ford patrol car.....uniform in hand, and butt naked.
I don't want to be the one spreading false info..........so correct ahead, no smoke headed your way. (besides, I'm trying to quit smoking)

KULTULZ

QuoteI don't want to be the one spreading false info..........so correct ahead ...

And in turn, anything I post that smells funny, call me on it.
MEL DIVISION - 1958-1960

mustang6984

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2022-01-08 19:35
I'm here just to keep Jim from posting pics of female state trooper recruits standing next to her '57 Ford patrol car.....uniform in hand, and butt naked.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                                  :003: WHOA! Let him...oh heck yea... :003:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

RICH MUISE

Yeah, the worst part was I forgot to make a copy before I had to delete it.