News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

ranchero ash tray

Started by skip54, 2010-10-13 10:14

Previous topic - Next topic

skip54

hello again guys. always something. i stripped the interior for paint and now i can't find the ashtray. i have the door that pulls down but not the insert. anyone have one. thanks  skip

RICH MUISE

I should have one since I deleted it from my dash when I reshaped it...I'll look for it this weekend. I assume it's the same in all '57's  ?? mine's a custom
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

canadian_ranchero

there are 2 different types.one that pulls out from the top,the ash tray and door are one part.the second one the lid flips down and into the dash and the ash tray is separate

skip54

i have the second one where the lid pulls down into the dash. thanks  skip

RICH MUISE

Skip..I found my ash tray. It is medium gray, and is the type that rotates down into the dash. If your dash is also gray, you'll just need to clean it up a little as the  paint is in good shape...it was a well used ashtray. the ashtray itself has surface rust on the inside surface. If you're interested pm me your address. also if you don't have a sandblaster, I can get the ashtray itself cleaned up before I send it.   Rich

RICH MUISE

skip...did you find yours?

skip54

sorry i haven't checked in but been sick. i haven't found one yet so let me know what you want for yours. i really appreciate it. thank you.  skip

RICH MUISE

I'll get it cleaned up and off to you early next week...got your email...do you have a preference on shipping...ups,mail,fedex? How does $10. plus shipping sound?  Do you want me to send the whole ashtray or just the insert? same price either way. Rich

skip54

rich, did i get back to you. i'll take the ashtray. it is the one that the door pulls down into the dash. i've got parts here but it seems something is missing. do you have paypal. or i have hsbc and bank america checking or money order. let me know. carsrys7@aol.com thanks

RICH MUISE

I got it thoroughly sandblasted and cleaned up. I'll try to get it shipped tommorrow. Don't worry about paying me until you get it. I put one of the old rock hard rubber bumpers back on it ( back side) so you could see where it went. I doubt you'll find new ones...I'd look for some surgical tubing that would fit, or a couple layers of shrink tubing. hell, even a few wraps of electrical tape would work. You'll see what I mean when you get it...just keeps the sliding door from rattlin against the stop.   Rich