News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by lalessi1, 2019-10-22 16:58

Previous topic - Next topic

lalessi1

This is a first for me because I don't express personal preferences as a rule. Over the years I have grown bored listening to music... same old, same old. I would rather listen to music than watch TV because it is a great background for living. Anyway, a while back I discovered an internet radio station that I have so far have not grown tired of because they play EVERYTHING and ANYTHING. You won't like it all but you won't get bored. If you like music of all genres try planetpootwaddle.com.
Lynn

hiball3985

Thanks Lynn, I like that idea. I listen to a similar station here on FM. It's just what ever the DJ at that time decides to play, there is a few times I don't like the music but most of the time a good mix.
I listen to a wide variety of music, NO RAP. I try to buy new CDs for my rode trips, the last one was Big Band swing..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

mustang6984

With the purchase of a bluetooth speaker and then a smart phone...I can take my jazz station (KNKX.org or the online version which never has news Jazz24.org) with me where ever I go for the most part.
also have an extensive collection of CD's of country, 50's and 60's Rock n' Roll (the only kid worth listening to!) and jazz, blues, and several Johann Strauss Jr. CD's. ( I like that flowing waltz music!)
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Jeff Norwell

At the moment.. I collect all my music from iTunes... big library now.. and Sugar Pie DeSanto fills the shop.
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

mustang6984

These guys are superbly talented. Saw them in Port Townsend WA at a tavern. Heard them the first time on KNKX .org and Jazz24.org.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=birch+pereira+youtube&view=detail&mid=2563063ED427914DAB282563063ED427914DAB28&FORM=VIRE
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

djfordmanjack

Ford Blue blood

All of my favorite artist are dead or don't perform any longer.......that was back in the day when you could hear and understand the words in the piece.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

Same here........so it's CD's or better yet..a ball game on AM.  I sometimes plan my trips around listening to a baseball game.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

djfordmanjack

second your opinion. I hardly dare to switch on the radio, since it is disgusting music on every average channel. all day long. Mostly only turn on for news and weather forecast. Luckily we have 1 hour a week on 97.6 with a Dutch DJ who only plays 1930s to 1950s roots music. that show is a real blessing.
I want to say though, there are  so many less known contemporary artist that play the older stuff or similar sounding original songs.
Lots of good stuff !
Unfortunately most of them never make it on the radio or TV. It seems that modern entertainment is mostly an exercise in bad taste.

I am very fortunate to live in a city with a music conservatory that hosts international students. at this point we have about 5 or more local Jazz groups with at least 2-3 live concerts a week. I am also an active member of the local Social Dance Swing group and we have at least 1 dance with live music performance a week. That is absolutely crazy.
Sometimes I can't believe it myself. I wonder how long this is going to last, but I really don't want to know the answer. just having a ball listening and dancing to all that heavenly great music and artist.

Ace Spades

What i listen to is usually in accordance with my current mood. It can be anything from Classic Rock to 50's to Jazz or Blues, even Classical. I can get the music i desire from either Amazon Music or my Sirius account sent to my phone. The only definites are I have are on Saturday nights. I then rotate between
WTMD from Towson University & WFPK Louisville from 9pm till midnight. WTMD has a show called The Dirty Soul party hosted by their Program Director, Scott Mullins. WFPK has 2 shows in this time frame, Woody's Roadhouse from 7-9pm. The Saturday Night Blues Party from 9-midnight. When I 1st found these shows on WFPK the SNBP was from 9- midnight and Woody's Roadhouse was from midnight -6am Sunday morning. Scott Mullins was the host of both the Saturday Night Blues party and The Dirty Soul party on WFPK.
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

mustang6984

World wide...you can find Jazz at Jazz24.org or their mother station KNKX.org. Now...west coast USA time...KNKX plays jazz mon-fri from 9 am to 3 pm. Then it is news from 3 until about 8 pm. Back to jazz from 8 until 4am when it is back to news.
Sat & sun again west coast USA time from 6 pm until midnight is all blues.
There is a show on sun from 3 until 6 I like hosted by a guy who is quite rough around the edges because he has been around long enough to remember the day Jesus was born, (I think he was playing in a jazz club in Bethlehem on that night just down the road from the manger) and he runs a show of old time jazz and he is very informative about all the music.  I try to never miss his show or the blues shows. All are available on podcasts as well.
Outside of that...radio definitely sucks bilge water for the most part these days. Given that I worked country radio '99 -2005...I am allowed to say that. <barf>
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Ace Spades

Completely agree most on air radio sucks. @mustang6984, I'll have to check these shows out. Just have to remember the time difference.

mustang6984

Quote from: Ace Spades on 2020-02-19 20:39
Completely agree most on air radio sucks. @mustang6984, I'll have to check these shows out. Just have to remember the time difference.

Yea...the time difference makes it rough some times. I am in Branson MO right now...so I understand. Had to set my phone alarm the first couple of weeks to remember.  :003:
Hugh
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Ace Spades

Quote from: mustang6984 on 2020-02-18 22:33
Sat & sun again west coast USA time from 6 pm until midnight is all blues.
There is a show on sun from 3 until 6 I like
Finally got my times lined up and got to listen to the blues shows on KNKX. Great mix of classic and modern blues. This is now a must listen. Also, like the jazz played the rest of the times. A must listen when I'm in a Jazz mood. Still need to sync with the 3-6 show and check this guy out. Thanks for the heads up on this station.

mustang6984

You bet. Glad you enjoyed it. I am listening to the tail end of the blues show right now.   :001:
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker