News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by lalessi1, 2019-10-22 16:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Ace Spades

mustang6984,,, Finally got to listen to Ken Wiley and his Art Of Jazz show over the last 2 Sundays. Love that old school vibe he has and he spins some killer 40's & 50's Jazz thought I heard some from the 30's for good measure.
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

mustang6984

Quote from: Ace Spades on 2020-03-19 22:11
mustang6984,,, Finally got to listen to Ken Wiley and his Art Of Jazz show over the last 2 Sundays. Love that old school vibe he has and he spins some killer 40's & 50's Jazz thought I heard some from the 30's for good measure.

Ken is definitely one of the most knowledgeable people on radio today when it comes to the old jazz. Some years back he let slip that he had rubbed elbows with many of those folks in his playing days. I really enjoy the history he provides. Glad you are getting to enjoy his show.   :003:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

59meteor

My daily driver has Sirius satellite radio, other than one local talk show, I mostly listen to satellite. Between 50s on channel 5, 60s on 6, 70s on 7 (exept DISCO!), 80s on 8, the Beatles station, and occasionaly , a few of the country stations, there is usually something worth listening to. If not, we have about 200 CDs to listen to.
1959 Meteor 2 door sedan , 428 Cobra Jet 4 speed. Been drag racing Fords (mostly FEs) 47 years and counting.
Previous 50s Fords include 57 Custom 4 door, 2 57 Ford Sedan Deliveries, 59  Country Sedan, and as a 9 year old, fell in love with the family 58 2 door Ranch Wagon.

mustang6984

So...since I travel a lot...I have wondered about SIRIUS:
How is the coverage?
Is there a portable version I can move from car to car?
And cost?
Not sure I am ready to buy yet...but have been thinking about it. Thanks.
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Ford Blue blood

Yes there is one you can move, need a bunch of little things to hook it up in each location.  I have it in my truck and grew fond of it, especially while on trips.  I was complaining that I couldn't find any good radios stations, she surprised me big time!  She got me a Sirius "home" receiver, comes with a power plug, an antenna, a "docking" station and a cable to plug it into the AUX port on my shop unit.  Love it!  No idea what it cost her as she said "Happy Birthday" dad.  Get to listen to "my tunes", talk radio or cassette tapes depending on what I'm doing.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

mustang6984

Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Ace Spades

I use the Sirius app on my phone with a bluetooth speaker. It could probably be used through a car stereo that has bluetooth capabilities as well.
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

mustang6984

Quote from: Ace Spades on 2020-03-20 10:23
I use the Sirius app on my phone with a bluetooth speaker. It could probably be used through a car stereo that has bluetooth capabilities as well.

Didn't know here was an app for SIRIUS. That would work for me...I have a blue-tooth box I take in the car to pull in the jazz station I listed above.
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker