News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

voltage draw

Started by oldgasser, 2013-03-31 07:40

Previous topic - Next topic

oldgasser

Would anyone have the information on the voltage draw on the roof motors for the 1957 Retractable for I'm in the process of cleaning the roof switches & limit switches & would like to test the motors as I go.
Thank you for your time.
Cheers Ron.

Ford Blue blood

Each motor in the top assembly has it's own circuit breaker.  It is on the "ground" lead near each of the motors after the plug that hooks them to the main harness.  Get a top manual. mine is temporarily "lost" (old timers) or I could tell you the ratings for each...but....if memory serves me right it seams like they are in the 10 amp range.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

oldgasser

Thank you for your reply I to have the different books on the retractable on the electrical information for the top but I too can not put my hands on it at the moment.
Thank you;
Old Gasser.

gasman826

I've looked for a year and half the my license plate.  Finally found it and sent it to the restorer.

oldgasser

Gentlemen:
I have found the full chart on the voltage draw on the Retractable roof motors, breakers, switches ect if anyone is in need of this information I could scan it & forward it on to you.
Cheers Old Gasser.

RICH MUISE

gasser...sounds like good info to add to our technical bulletins and diagrams area. If you know how, why don't you post it there..if you need some help, email it to me and I'll post it for you.
richardmuise@yahoo.com
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe