News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

wasn't our time

Started by alvin stadel, 2015-07-19 22:23

Previous topic - Next topic

alvin stadel

My wife and I made a quick turn around trip to So.Dak. this week end. left Friday morning and returned yesterday afternoon.  All went well until we got about 150 miles from home. We were running highway 212, which is a 2 lane with passing lanes in the mountain areas.  on one of these passing areas we come upon 2 siemi rigs and were in the passing lane right beside the 2nd truck, his front tire was right by the front of our F350, when he desides to pass the first truck. There is no way he looked or used his mirrors as he hit us on front passenger door and wiped out both doors, running board, cut up a new tire and wheel. To top it off there were 2 more siemis comiing at us from other direction and the truck hitting us had us pushed way over the center line. The oncoming trucks seen what was happening and got over as far as they could with out hitting the guard rail and going over the edge. I had my wheels turned into the truck that was wrecking so as hard as I could, he got back over just as the oncoming trucks went by. They couldn't of missed us by more than inches.  We finally got stopped and off the highway and the trucker started screaming his head off at me, wrong thing to do. my wife got in his face before I could get to him. Long story short nobody got hurt and trust me he will rebuild my new F350. Looks like he used a can opener right down the middle of the doors. I guess it wasn't our time because if that other truck would have hit us they would of had to pick us up in a basket. I have thanked the good Lord more than once for saving us.  Take care, Alvin

Zapato

good to hear you're both alright, sounds like both your guardian angels were with you on the  ride.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

RICH MUISE

X2.....very lucky to be here to tell us about it.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ecode70D

I'm happy for  you and your wife that you were not injured in that accident.  How did you get home?  Were you still able to drive your truck or did    you have to have it towed?   

alvin stadel

We were able to drive it home, didn't hurt the running gear only right side of body.  I am sure of one thing though if would have been in my wifes new mustang  or one of my 57's we would'nt be here.  Take care, Alvin

jvo

Wow, sounds like that was a close one.  Good thing you were in a good sized vehicle.  Can't imagine why the trucker thought you might have been in the wrong.  He must have had his head up his butt.   
Anyway, glad you're still able to talk about it. 
If I could roll back the years, back when I was young and limber, loose as ashes in the wind, had no irons in the fire.... wish I'd done things different, but wishin' don't make it so. ( Ian Tyson)

Zapato

Alvin, if your wives' Mustang is anything like my wives' also new Mustang you would probably have been 20 miles farther up the road.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72