News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Barn Find

Started by 57 imposter, 2016-02-27 19:21

Previous topic - Next topic

57 imposter

The 58 is almost finished and I have decided I just don't have the energy to do another car but still have to have some kind of project going. While nosing around and talking to friends I found a motorcycle that will fill the bill nicely. It's a 1979 Yamaha XS-Special 650. this a one owner bike that was parked in 1985 with 11,000 original miles and hasn't moved since. It was running when parked. When we get get back from our Spring training trip I will put some fresh oil and a battery in it and see if I can get it running. The carbs are rebuilt and are in a box so if everything works, which I suspect they will, It will basically be a cosmetic build starting with a sand blasted frame and assembled with all the late model chassis updates and "A little paint and upholstery". This bike is really well supported in the aftermarket and NOS industry so and and everything needed is readily available. We still have out Road King for big rides but this should make a good run around town bike. 

RICH MUISE

Sounds like a neat project, Doug. I took some pics of 4 or 5 cars trailering old raceboats, teardrop trailers, airstreams, etc. I'll post when I get back to Texas.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe