News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

10 year old

Started by alvin stadel, 2019-07-19 21:11

Previous topic - Next topic

alvin stadel

Not counting my sons, but I have found a very young man that loves old cars. This kid only 10 years old but he is a real motor head. He lives across the street from us and last week when I was working on the retractable I'm restoring  he stopped by and asked if I needed any help.  I said sure not knowing what I was getting into, this young kid wants to learn and I have a hell of a time getting him to go home when it's time. No matter what the task is he jumps into it like there will be no tomarrow. Mostly cleaning parts and small  stuff.  And there must be a 100?'s an hour. Made me kind of nerves at first because I like working alone with no interruptions But now I kind of like it and maybe just maybe, there will be one more young fellow to fill the gap when we are  gone.  Take care Alvin

RICH MUISE

Good for you Alvin. Last month I had to show my 22 year old nephew how to use a ratchet. :005:
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ford Blue blood

Wish I had that problem!  All the kids around here have their head buried in a phone, would love to have one like that!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

fdlrc

That's good stuff, thanks for sharing.
Other- Original owner of 1974 Bronco

djfordmanjack

Great story! It reminds me how I was ( and still am) always able to learn stuff from other people willing to share their Knowledge and experience.
This next week we will be working with my son on his first car.  he is 12 and has owned it since he was 10. it's a 1954 Volkswagen ragtop.
He learned to drive ( somewhat) in my 57 at age 10 and last month he asked me if we needed to park the wagon in another spot and I laughed and said, 'No- why?' ....knowing exactly what it was about. Of course we did move the 57 in a different place and he did everything from starting and putting it into gear and backing it up and back forward under the shade of a tree. Of course this was all done on private property with no traffic involved.
There are still kids dedicated to mechanical stuff, and I am sure they will not have problems to find a proper job when grown up. Not saying old-car mechanics will be still needed, but there will always be mechanical stuff to work on, not only electronics. imho.