News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

must be out to lunch!

Started by alvin stadel, 2020-01-13 19:38

Previous topic - Next topic

djfordmanjack

Yeah, don't worry Eugene! In the same boat here. want to go 500 miles, and not knowing if it will make 50...we need patience and do some more homework. I'm not in a hurry... :002:

Wirenut

I'm guilty of not regularly checking the site like I used to. I have a different work schedule than before plus I metal detect as a hobby and have been reading books more.
I have been detecting more so during cooler months so I do not get burnt up during the hot scorching summer days.
I used to log in daily to keep current but for a while now it's been weekly or longer.
I am not having to work on the 57 much anymore, but do drive it more often and spend less time in the shop tinkering on it.
I do love the 'Old Ford Pics' as a favorite and really appreciate them being posted.
By far this is the best forum I'm on and has the greatest and most knowledgeable guys that are willing to share info and parts. I also appreciate the clean language, can't say that about some of them.
I do feel more enthused about reading up on the post when I'm turning wrenches on mine, plus I also agree with the winter holidays are part of the fall off since so much family events are going on. Spring will definitely pull more of us out of the woodwork and see  more activity.

Ford Blue blood

I need the board to help get things going, along with my morning coffee.  The winter doldrums here in AL (cold, rainy, blustery days plus the shorter day light hours) will put you on the couch in a heartbeat with a book or just the boob tube!  Mind you nothing like growing up in WI where it was dark when you hit the barn for chores, eat breakfast, got on the bus and on the way home from school it was dark again.  But we were young and bullet proof then.

I have to agree this is one of the best, if not the best, sites around.  Never afraid to show any of it to my grandson or the grand daughters either for that matter.  I appreciate the "cleanliness" James has put in place and the moderators that keep things on track.  It helps me keep my "Navy" vocabulary in check and my "directness" (asking someone if they are stupid is not calling them stupid) in check as well.  Spent a few meetings with the HR lady because civilians failed miserably in the school of direct and blunt conversation!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

alvin stadel

Hey guy's this is great I love random "BS" and as of late there has been plenty of it. Keep it up. Take care, Alvin

RICH MUISE

Some day Alvin I may tell you guys about the time this past year when I was installing my replacement engine I set my car on fire.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ford Blue blood

DO TELL!  Humor is always a good thing!

If I were a betting man I would bet there is more then one of those stories out here amongst us!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero

Tom S

Quote from: Ford Blue blood on 2020-01-19 07:34

If I were a betting man I would bet there is more then one of those stories out here amongst us!
Yup, but it sure wasn't funny. Painful and some expensive treatments. : (

Ford Blue blood

OUCH! 

I don't have pictures, but I can tell you exactly what color my knee cap is.  Suffice to say never rest a still spinning 7" grinder with a 12 grit pad on your lap!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero

alvin stadel

Glad you shared the grinder in the lap story. I have 3 inch scare on my knee form doing the very same thing, I remember I bled like a stuck hog and had to have it stiched up.  I love it when I find out I'm not the only one that learns the hard way.  Take care Alvin.

RICH MUISE

Tom.that hurts just looking at it. You must have kept on happy pills for a few weeks after that.
Bill, Alvin, both you guys were lucky the grinder went down and not up. Yikes!!
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

terry_208

My ex brother in law was cutting overhead with a circular saw and dropped it.  It cut an artery  in his neck and ran down across his body and cut a femoral artery.  Needless to say, he succumbed to the injury.
Terry

Tom S

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2020-01-20 15:39
Tom.that hurts just looking at it. You must have kept on happy pills for a few weeks after that.
Bill, Alvin, both you guys were lucky the grinder went down and not up. Yikes!!
Nope, no 'happy pills' at all. I don't like taking any pills & for sure stay away from that type. They did give me a shot of morphine before I left the emergency room but it didn't seem to do anything & neither did the shots of scotch I took after my GF drove me home.

Friend of mine got his first 7" disk grinder & may have been running a big wire cup brush on it & got his shirt caught in it. I've almost done the same thing.

Terry's story sounds terrible! Don't think I'd ever run a circular saw overhead. Those wood working tools can really do some bodily damage. I've nicked my fingers several times with my metal cutting band saw when cutting something small. That's no biggie because the blade doesn't run all that fast & has small teeth. If it had been a high speed wood band saw I might be missing some fingers.

mustang6984

Quote from: Ford Blue blood on 2020-01-19 07:34

Yea...tire machines can cause a touch of pain. This is the aftermath of a Coats tire shop tire machine landing on my finger. It is a 20-50 version I believe...came out of a tire shop about 25 years ago when they upgraded. I acquired it a couple of years ago from a buddy. Another buddy was helping (well...was supposed to be but was talking office issues on the phone with a co-worker instead of paying attention.)
This was November 15th of '17, . We were trying to set it up...and I had it lifted up...and he let it down a bit unexpectedly. Luckily I was wearing very thick insulated gloves or I would have lost the finger. As it was...I lost a LOT of that red gold!  :angry4:
The 1st pic is from the day after when I took the bandage off to clean and re-wrap. Seven stitches. Strange though...when I took out the stitches...could only find six....hhhhhmmmmmmmm!
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

alvin stadel

Good morning Rich, you bated the hook for us about the fire, but as of to date we haven't seen any smoke. take care, Alvin

Wirenut

I'm in pain just reading about the injuries. Wow Horrible about the overhead circular saw accident..