News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Must be gettting old

Started by alvin stadel, 2020-02-06 20:28

Previous topic - Next topic

alvin stadel

I find it somewhat amusing when I see or hear  things that had a total different meaning then when we grew up.  Tonight on channel * 8 news, Billings Mt. they were advertising for a "corn Whole"  fund raising competition and what really blew my mind was that one of the main sponsors was " Slick Woody's"' I thought what does the judge do, have box of towelets  to wipe them down at the end of the game.   some times I hear things and see things that make me think I just don't belong here anymore.  After asking a friend I was told it is a game they play with  bean bag and a board with a hole in it.   take care, Alvin

thomasso

Yeah it took me a while to be comfortable with the corn hole game to.
57 E Code Black 76B   55 Willys Aero   63 Rivera   99 Lightning  1- XK8 Convs.   05 Vanden Plas  etc.

RICH MUISE

You Montana guys, lol. I think the funniest take-it-the-wrong-way signs I saw were actually in Montana. Back in the day growing up in Mass., we use to call the"easy girls" the town pumps. Going thru Montana about 20 years ago on my way to Vancouver, BC, I was passing convienient stores that had the name Com n go (not sure of the spelling) To add to that laugh, was when we pulled in for gas at a gas station/convienience store combo that had both names together........Town Pump   Com N'Go
I may have to ban me for this post
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

mustang6984

Rich...you are safe...no need to ban yourself. there are several "Kum 'n Go" stations around Branson MO! LOL!!!   :003: As of today their gas prices are around $2.04 per gallon.
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker