News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

lights

Started by alvin stadel, 2021-11-06 19:50

Previous topic - Next topic

alvin stadel

It was a real nice day here today, upper 60's.  So without being asked and with no arguments from me I hung up all the out side Christmas lights, it only  took me about 3 hrs. When I had finished she made me a very nice adult beverage, give a pat on the ass and said thankyou. I guess at my age it can't get any better than that.

CobraJoe

...an additional adult beverage could make it better.  :occasion14: :023:
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

RICH MUISE

Good for you Alvin. Just yesterday I surprised my wife and told her I wanted to hang Christmas lights this year.........it's gonna be a first for me! I'll be 75 in a few weeks. Our roof is slopped on all sides, so no really high areas to have to get to. I think I'm just going to make some brackets and hang them right off the gutters. My next-door neighbor goes all out, so it's been a bit of encouragement for me.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

mustang6984

UGH! Not a big Christmas fan...haven't been for decades. Now that we live in the middle of nowhere...don't have to do that stuff...one string across front porch...she's happy...takes 15 minutes...done. No ladder or any thing else.
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

hiball3985

I stopped doing lights a few years ago and don't miss it. Wife gave away 90% of the decorations and it makes life easier..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

57chero

They make plastic hangers that snap on to your gutters for hanging lights, any place that sells Christmas lights usually has them.

mustang6984

Quote from: 57chero on 2021-11-07 11:35
They make plastic hangers that snap on to your gutters for hanging lights, any place that sells Christmas lights usually has them.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                                                  Do NOT tell my wife...
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

RICH MUISE

I was going to check to see if they made them.............now I just need to find them. Thanks. What are they using up on the shingled roofs? is there a clip that slides under the shingles @ the ridges? I'm kinda wishing we were still in our old house with 28 ft of frontage. This one is around 145 ft frontage, but it's mostly easily accessible with a later except for about 40' of hedges
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

alvin stadel

All I use is the plastic clips, they work on the gutters and shingles. Jim, the only way these lights will go away or be sold is if she dies before me.  And with my luck that isn't going to happen.

thomasso

Stopped doing that years ago after a couple of ladder slips.  Wife doesn't like it but it what it is.  Especially at my age.
57 E Code Black 76B   55 Willys Aero   63 Rivera   99 Lightning  1- XK8 Convs.   05 Vanden Plas  etc.

hiball3985

Quote from: alvin stadel on 2021-11-07 20:23
All I use is the plastic clips, they work on the gutters and shingles. Jim, the only way these lights will go away or be sold is if she dies before me.  And with my luck that isn't going to happen.
I understand, it took me at least 3-4 years to convince her  :005:
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Ford Blue blood

Quote from: thomasso on 2021-11-07 21:29
Stopped doing that years ago after a couple of ladder slips.  Wife doesn't like it but it what it is.  Especially at my age.

Yup, mine went up three years ago and never came down.  Bad knees prevent ladder use and I do not get up on the roof any more!  They are LED strings and none have burned out as of yet.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Fairlane62

Rich,
Just be careful and have someone stabilize the ladder while you are up there.  I fell from a roof three years ago and still have some problems.

James

rmk57

One of the reasons we want to buy a Rancher style house. Easy to put up lights, clean gutters, paint and don't have as far to fall. :003:
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

mustang6984

Quote from: rmk57 on 2021-11-09 11:12
One of the reasons we want to buy a Rancher style house. Easy to put up lights, clean gutters, paint and don't have as far to fall. :003:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I believe that is why they invented 15 year old kids...cleaning gutters paint above 5'11" and sweep the roof. LOL!!!
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker