News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

2010 John Force Holiday Show

Started by 57AGIN, 2010-10-20 17:29

Previous topic - Next topic

57AGIN

I decided to start a new topic so this would not get lost in the previous replies.  I did register for the John Force Holiday Show and they just cashed my check, so it is definitely on, unless cancelled by weather.  Given the fact that Force has relocated his business to Illinois, this could very well be the last one.  I hope to see a number of the Southern California 57 owners at the show this year.  There is still plenty of time to get registered for this years Holiday Show.

A week or so following the show my 57 will be coming apart and going into the paint & chrome shop to be ready before the 2010 Knott's Berry Farm Fabulous Fords Forever Show in April.  I'll finally be able to see what kind of preparation was done on the car before I bought it and fix a few of the areas that seem to be common problem areas for our rides.

Bob57 AGIN
        &
4.6 SHLB

shopratwoody

Thanks Bob,
I thought he moved to Indy. See ya out there
Ron
I hate blocksanding!

shopratwoody

Who all is going? Hope it warms up some. :006:
Bob, Rick, Skip?
Ron
I hate blocksanding!

57AGIN

Ron:

Rick won' be at this one and I haven't really done any phone calling this year.  I kind of burned out on the calling and turn downs.  I enjoy showing my 57, meeting and talking with other car enthusiasts whatever their choice of manufacturer.  Plus I think it is good for the cars to get them out of the garage and driven once in a while.

Bob
57 AGIN

Frankenstein57

With all the japan stuff on the road, any tasteful American iron is all I need. Enjoy,  Mark

shopratwoody

The show was great as always. I thought a lot bigger turnout than
ever before. I've only been going about 4 or 5 yrs and the biggest
turnout I've seen.
  My kids saw where you were parked Bob, But I couldn't make it that
far with my back being screwed up. Anyway nice day had by my
family anyway :003:
Ron
I hate blocksanding!

57AGIN

The John Force Holiday show was another good one and a great close out for the year.  What Ron said about the crowds is right on, more spectators than in past years.  I do think there was a few less participants, but those who came were a mix of really fine rides.  I think there were only four 57's at the show this year, my Custom 300, Ron's Ranchero, one of Bill Sawyer's four Skyliners and Phil Preston's yellow Custom 300. 

This year I swore I'd try to get up early enough to get a good parking spot.  I left home at 4:30 a.m. and got in line at the show at 5:10 a.m. (about 20 cars from the front).  I actually got parking on the Force property in a spot that couldn't have had a better location, close to everything and highly visible.  Temperature in the 40's, but no rain.  It warmed up into the low 70's around noon, then cooled off and started intermittent rain showers at about 3:00 p.m.  No none of the cars shrunk in the rain, but it did make driving home interesting (I'm just not used to the small windshield wipers anymore).  I sure do hope this show continues into the future now that John Force Racing has relocated to Indiana.

Bob
57 AGIN