2012 Knott's Berry Farm 27th Fabulous Fords Forever Car Show - April 22, 2012

Started by 57AGIN, 2012-02-21 17:19

Previous topic - Next topic

57AGIN

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The first event of the year out here in Southern Calif. is the 27th Annual Fabulous Fords Forever Car Show at Knott's Berry Farm on Sunday, April 22, 2012.  This is a very large exclusively FORD products car show.  Please note: Your 57 does not need to be a show car to participate and have a good time.  Project cars, race cars, daily drivers, cruisers,  customs, and restorations are all welcome and provide the public an opportunity to view the cars they grew up with and wish they could own again.  Contrary to popular belief this is not an ALL Mustang show, there are lots of them, but without your participation it could be considered a Mustangs only one.  Come on out and join the rest of us 57 Ford owners & 57 Fords International Club members, get ideas for your car, swap leads on new, NOS and used parts, shops that do good work, and expand your network of fellow 57 and other Ford owners in Southern California.  Pass the word on; let your friends and fellow 57 Ford owners know that we will be gathering again, this time at Knott's.  Bring out your 57's and enjoy some of this wonderful California sunshine, thaw out or dry out from this Winter's blasts.

I'm trying as hard as I can to finally have my 57 back on the road in time for this show, but one way or another I'll be hanging around the 49 to 59 Fords part of the show.  I know I'll have my 2008 Shelby GT over in the Shelby Corral, so if I'm not hanging around with Rick Crawford's 57 TUDOR, you'll know where to find me.

I've attached a registration form for the show, but you can also register on line.

Bob
57AGIN

57AGIN

West Coast 57 owners:

There are only a couple of weeks until the Knott's Fabulous Fords Forever show.  I don't know how many of you have registered and will be there.  Therefore, if you read this please, do a quick reply.  I'll be sure to look you up at the show and say hi, etc.

Bob
57 AGIN

KidKourier

BOB.  I'm registered and should be there between 7/8:00am.Tinkering with little things on the Courier(moved shifter handle,fluid changes,etc.)and doing a couple of local cruises.It's 85 today,I hope it's like this at Knotts on Sunday.Are you going to be able to bring your '57 with the time left or the Shelby? Luck--KID

57AGIN

Hey Kid:

Thanks for the response.  I'll be looking forward to seeing both you and your Courier.  Yes, I'll have 57 AGIN at the show come heck or high surf, even it is a work in progress (but drivable).  My son will be driving my Shelby GT and putting it over yonder and into the Shelby "corral."  I'll be going back & forth, but as you can probably figure I'll spend most of the time with Rick and our 57's.  See you there.

Bob
57 AGIN

57AGIN

Here are a couple of shots of Rick's and Bob's 57's at 2012 Knott's.  The rest of the photos are located in the Gallery.  You might want to check out the F-code Del Rio or the 428 Cobra Jet powered Custom 300.

Bob
57 AGIN

57AGIN

Sorry Guys:

I wasn't able to use the same pixel size to post photos in the Gallery that I use to post on the regular threads.  I only got one of the photos of other 57's plsted last night.  I'll do better tonight, I hope.

Bob
57 AGIN

shopratwoody

Thanks for sharing Bob. Car looks geat. Was there a green and white Ranchero there?
I hate blocksanding!

57AGIN

Ron:

I didn't see one.  He could have parked somewhere else, with friends, trucks or ???  Randy was there and shared pictures of your Ranchero repairs.  I'd put his work on a par with Santini's.  Which coming from me is quite a compliment, as I am absolutely stoked with Pete Santini's work.

Bob
57 AGIN

shopratwoody

Randy replaced the entire left qtr from the door back. Had to pull the B pillar back so the door would shut.
Lotta big work that u can't see done there. After 40 years I'm not giving up now :001:
I hate blocksanding!

RICH MUISE

Quote from: 57AGIN on 2012-04-25 13:18
Sorry Guys:

I wasn't able to use the same pixel size to post photos in the Gallery that I use to post on the regular threads.  I only got one of the photos of other 57's plsted last night.  I'll do better tonight, I hope.

Bob
57 AGIN
Bob...that was the same problem I was having last week posting to the gallery...it took one, but then wouldn't let me post any more, even after resizing and closing/opening the forum site several times...were you getting a message saying the pic was 4000 x 3000 even though it was much smaller?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

JPotter57

I uninstalled the auto resize feature, too many problems.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

57AGIN

Rich & James:

I can't remember the specific note that came up.  I just took it to mean that I couldn't load a photo into the Gallery unless it was 800 pixels or smaller.  The photo I was trying to upload was 1024 pixels, which I've been uploading into my regular posts.  By the way I'm using one of the automatic resize features in Microsoft Office Picture Manager in their Resize option in Edit Pictures.  It is real easy to use and takes the guesswork out of adjusting the size of a photo.

Bob
57 AGIN

shopratwoody

I hate blocksanding!