2013 Seal Beach Car Show (100 yards from the Pacific Ocean)

Started by 57AGIN, 2013-04-29 17:07

Previous topic - Next topic

57AGIN

Guys:

Rick and I attended one of our favorate shows out here on the West Coast, The Annual Seal Beach Classic Car Show.  Rick and I had wonderful parking places on the corner of Ocean Ave. and Main Street.  The show hosts about 550 cars of all makes and also has a large number of Nitro burning nostalgia dragsters adding to the festivities.  This years show attracted nearly 30,000 spectators, which makes for some interesting photos when taken looking down Main Street from a high point (I stood on a sawed off telephone pole to take the photo.  Only about 3' off the ground so not too dangerous for an old timer. lol).

Bob
57 AGIN

57AGIN

Here are a couple of more photos taken at this show.  The Cackle Fest dragsters lit off their cars at 10:30 a.m. and at 1:30 p.m. making for quite
a spectacle.  Yes, it was noisy and yes, it sure cleans out your sinuses.  But to misquote a famous actor from the movie Apocalypse Now, " I love the smell of NITRO in the morning."

Besides the cars and dragsters, there was also a lot of eye candy at the beach this year as the weather was sunny and in the mid-70's.  No, I didn't take photos of the beautiful young bikini wearing youngsters walking all over the place, but I did spot a good looking blond lady behind the wheel of a blown Ford Sunliner and took her picture.

Bob
57 AGIN