News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

CalTrac Installation (traction Bars)

Started by 57AGIN, 2007-04-14 19:52

Previous topic - Next topic

57AGIN

I'm happy to report that I've finally had CalTracs (traction bars) installed on my Custom 300.  Last time on the strip I found I could make pretty good miles per hour, but it took at least one or two seconds too long to get to the other ind of the strip.

The installation was not a slam dunk.  The frame had to have a minor sectioning to allow for the larger front leaf spring eye perch and was then gussetted to regain the strength.  The shop that did the installation does a lot of different makes, but this was the first 57 Ford they have done.  I've taken some photos and hope they will post.  It seems like lately everytime I try to post pictures on our site I get an error message saying the upload folder is too full (I'm posting pictures only 60 to 70 Kbytes) 

It didn't work, I got the same error message.  If you are interested in seeing some post installation photos e-mail me at Rlee@ovsd.org and I'll send them to you.

Bob
57AGIN

57AGIN

I'll try it again now, it is almost midnight on the West Coast.  It didn't work.  I got the same message, "The upload folder is full..."  Maybe the problem is on my computer's end as it seems to pass text fine, but when I try to send a photo it doesn't work.  Ill copy my photos and take them to work and transmit them on Monday.

Bob
57AGIN

JPotter57

photo 1 test
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

57AGIN

Here are some more pictures of the CalTrac installation.

Bob
57AGIN

57AGIN

Here are a couple of more photos of the CalTrac installation (please note I'm doing these in pairs to keep within the file size limitations).

Bob
57AGIN

57AGIN

Here's another one.

57AGIN

Here are the last two.

Bob
57AGIN