News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Crites 460 to '57

Started by gasman826, 2012-06-27 20:13

Previous topic - Next topic

57AGIN

Guys:

68 does sound about right, given the early Funny Cars & the other cars that have been identified to a later year.  I definitely wasn't even there on that night, as I was stationed up North in Idaho Falls, ID.

Bob
57 AGIN

gasman826

Isn't that just the way of it!!!  You enlist in the Navy and you get stationed in Idaho!!!!  What port was that!!!!   Drafted me...so made up my mind that I was going to Vietnam.  Army was going to send me to a missile silo in Alaska...who'd a thought!!!!

Frankenstein57

The manufacturers were putting out some stout drag race dedicated cars in the 60's, those mopars are probably them. A guy pulled into a cruise night 2 weeks ago with a 63 ford, 427,2-fours,cast iron headers,fiberglass front end, think he said R code. Sweet car. James, wasn't trying to dis Crites, only talking about this guys frustration, I'm glad there are shops like crites making conversion parts for our cars.  Thanks, Mark

JPotter57

I totally agree..glad someone makes stuff besides having to modify late model Mustang stuff to work, lol.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

Ford Blue blood

I guess I must be getting old.....everything I build has A/C, EFI, over drive and late model seats!  My late model hot rod puts 502 on the rear wheels, has A/C, blower with EFI, 6 speed and really great seats, will burn the tires to nubs in a second and do it all with the A/C on in 100 + weather and not lose a drop of water.....did the sweat your butt off thing when I was young and bullet proof.....
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Frankenstein57

Sounds like Bill has it made

shopratwoody

You beat me to it. I want a 50's car to act like a 50's car. Just more horsepower :001:
I hate blocksanding!

Custom300Madman

what a bargain, is the combo still around?
1957 Ford Custom 300 Fourdoor, with factory 312 yblock