News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Country Squire parts car

Started by Glen Henderson, 2008-10-14 19:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Glen Henderson

I don't have this yet and not sure that I'll be able to get it, the guy is asking more that I think its worth. It's a 57 Country Squire wagon with a D code 312. I want the engine and rearend. The body is very rusty, but the rear side windows and trim i are good. I am sure that the side windows are very hard to come by. The squire trim is faded but otherwise it looks good.  The tail gate internals seem to be OK and most likely a lot of wagon specific parts could be salvaged. No front sheet metal at all. I'm just trying to see if there is a need for any of these parts. If I don't buy it he is going to pull the engine and sell the rest for scrap. Let me know if you need something, if I see that I can get a little of my investment back, I'll give him what he wants. I just hate to see any 57 end up crushed and on its way to China. I need to know within the next 2 to 3 days.

Frankenstein57

Glen, I am looking for the filler panel below the tailgate , above the bumper. Ford body part #40324  some rust is ok, let me know if its any good, thanks, Mark

Glen Henderson

No Mark, it is shot, this old car is eat up with rust. If it had any decent metal at all I would go ahead and pay what he is asking. He is like alot of folks out there, just because it has a 312, he thinks it worth a fortune.

Frankenstein57

Glen, thanks anyway. Let us know if you get it.  Mark