News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

T 5 Shifter location

Started by 57 Ford Kustom, 2009-03-04 18:27

Previous topic - Next topic

57 Ford Kustom

I have a chance to buy a 89 Mustang T5 transmission. What I would like to know if someone that has a T 5 in a 57 Ford measure between the heater box or other land mark to the shifter while in neutral. I have 64 T Bird buckets and a 64 XL center console and really like to keep the console. Of course my son hopes that he can get the console for his 57 Ford but I think he is old enough to buy his own.

Thanks in advance

TOM
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

Frankenstein57

Tom, my project has the mustang bell housing, T-5, 5.0 motor mounts. We had it all fabed up, then when we set the body back on , we found that combo didn't clear the tunnel very good. So instead of cutting up the tunnel, We raised the body up 1 1/8 "    Another option was tilting the motor on a strong angle, we decided not to. I posted some pictures in the gallery in " under costruction"  Mark

Frankenstein57

Tom, I have a measurement that might help. The center of the shifter boss on the trans, to the flat firewall just above the tunnel is 24".  My car is gutted, so thats all I have. Mark

57 Ford Kustom

Mark :006:

Thank You next time in garage will check it out

TOM :unitedstates:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

wolfpupsdad

in the january 2008 newsletter there is a great write up about putting a T-5 tranny in a 57. might answer the question.