News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Mummert T5 adapter

Started by 57Cust300, 2010-03-31 23:44

Previous topic - Next topic

57Cust300

Is anyone here running the Mummert T5 adapter with a hydraulic release bearing? If so, what release bearing did you use and what bore is your clutch master cylinder. I have the adapter on the way and am now trying to figure out the hydraulic clutch system.

57 Custom 300 2dr
Stock 292/auto (soon to be T5)

lowrider

I put a T5 in my 57 Custom 300 but didn't go the hydraulic clutch route. The adapter works great. The only problem I had with the installation was the trans mount. I used a 89 Must mount, but when everything was bolted up it pushed the trans into the floor pan. I ended up cutting about 1/2 in. out of the mount to lower the trans. The car is an absolute joy to drive now with a 5-speed. I think Mummert lists a throwout bearing for this conversion.

57Cust300

lowrider
I'm assuming that you are running a y block. I am starting on my installation in a couple weeks.
other than the trans mount I only expect to have to get another driveshaft. It has to be better
than the old Ford-o-matic. Is the shifter location pretty good with this combination?

57Cust300

I did the T5 to Y-block change. Used the Mummert adapter with a hydraulic clutch. worked out really well.
FYI, I found that a drive shaft fron a 1988 Lincoln Town Car is a perfect fit for this swap.

lowrider

That's exactly what I used for a driveshaft but I ended up cutting it an inch. Worked great but I ended up with a vibration at about 65-70. I put a new rear trans bushing & front driveshaft yoke which helped alot but still some vibration. Think I'll take it back to the guy that cut it and have him balance it again.