News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Floor Shifters AOD and Factory Bench

Started by 512Fairlane, 2012-05-20 22:06

Previous topic - Next topic

512Fairlane

Anyone using a floor shifter with an AOD automatic overdrive and a factory bench seat in their 57o?  Just wondering what type of shifters work best.  I'd like to get something that doesn't look too out of place but clears the bench.

jarhead1986

I been working on a floor shifter in my 58. I have figured out that linkage type shifters are not the way to go. I couldnt get
mine to go into park all the way. I am using bucket seats so dont know what kind of issues that would bring on but if you get a cable type shifter it shouldnt be a problem.

jarhead1986

I am thinking on getting one of those unimatic shifters from jegs. It looks like a 3 speed truck shifter to me.... chrome handle and black boot nothing to wild lookin.

hogwagon

I know it said floor shifters but I had to ad my 2 cents. I am putting a AOD in a 57 wagon and am converting the factory 3 on the tree stuff to work. Wife wants stock look so have been cutting up a column out of a 87 wagon we stripped for the drive line. We do have a B&M floor shifter in a 69 Dodge 3 speed auto that works great with a cable. Not sure if they market on for AOD with the OD.

jarhead1986

They do. Most all the auto shifters I have found need extra hardware for the AOD though.