News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Automatic to toploader clutch pedal question

Started by 65kcode, 2012-07-09 22:08

Previous topic - Next topic

65kcode

I am moving to a 4 speed from the automatic in our 57 2 door.  I am looking to start pulling out the clutch/brake pedals from another parts car.  Do I have to pull the whole assembly or just the pedals?  Trying to do as little work as possible!! :001:

Thanks
Kevin

RICH MUISE

I had  the reverse situation on my '57...went from stick shift to auto...pulled just the brake pedal from a '61 and installed right into the '57 bracket assembly with no alterations...so my guess on the answer to your question is they are the same and all you'll need is the pedals. Not sure about the master cylinder push rod connected to the brake pedal..hopefully your donor car will have that also..although it may be needing alterations if your changing/have changed master cylinder/booster setup.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ford Blue blood

As long as both cars are manual brakes the push rod will be the same.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

JPotter57

Make sure you get the return spring and brackets for the clutch pedal.  When you take the pedal out, you have to remove the spring anyway, and I think the bracket only has 2 3/8 head bolts holding it onto the brake pedal support.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

65kcode

Thanks guys, thought I deleted this...anyways

I looked a little closer and realized that the previous owner had just raised the carpet up and shoved the clutch pedal to the floor and put the carpet back over it. haha

Made for easy work on that front!

Kevin