News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Wheels

Started by BBoswell, 2015-08-29 11:10

Previous topic - Next topic

BBoswell

Help! I'm looking for a pair of steel wheels.

Either 15" x 8" (preferred) or 15" x 10".
Obviously 5 on 4 1/2".
Offset should be 4"-5".
I would prefer a wheel with 3 nubs for the small center hubcaps.

lalessi1

You can buy new Vintiques wheels from Summit. 15 x 8 with 4.25" BS. They accept dog dish caps.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/wvi-62-5812044/overview/
Lynn

BBoswell

Thanks.

I guess I should have explained why I was looking for an old set vs. buying new. I wanted an old set of temporary wheels so I can get the tires, the look and the stance right. I trying to not spend a lot of money for steel wheels when they won't be the final wheel for my '32 Highboy. Found a set of '56 Nash wheels (15" x 4 1/2") for the front in two different wrecking yards for $10 each.

I went thru this with all my cars including both my '57s. First priority is the steering, then the brakes. After that safety issues are addressed then I work on the right stance. Then I concentrate on the performance and finish. Just my old school way of working.

BTW, I just found a set on Craig's list.

rmk57

Widest steel wheel you can get for a Ford with the nubs is 15x7. They came standard on Boss 302's so you won't be finding them in wrecking yards and they sure won't be $10 a wheel.

Chrysler had 15x8 cop car wheels which are fairly common. Not sure about the nubs for the 10.25
Hubcap though.

Randy
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

BBoswell

My buddy who runs a restoration shop found the wheels. He also found the Nash wheels. I don't know what they are off of but he is pickier than me so I know they will be work for what I need.

SkylinerRon

Mopar cop wheels are 15x7 w/nub pattern much smaller than Ford.
Ramcharger/Traildusters had 15x8's, same nubs as 7"

Ron.

Custom_Shelby

Are you still looking for a complete set of factory 15" wheels?  I have a set, they originally came off a 1956 Ford 2-door sedan.