News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Headlight & Tailight Bezels

Started by 57AGIN, 2011-02-20 13:35

Previous topic - Next topic

57AGIN

Guys:

In looking at photos of bone yard 57 Fords, seems like the headlight & taillight bezels are areas for your consideration, too.  When a car gets dinged in the front or rear, and there has been plenty of opportunity for this during the last 54 years, these are areas of frequent damage.  Following media blasting, both of the fenders in the front of my 57 had previous metal work (or bondo work) done and I'm sure the headlight and taillight bezels are prone to damage also.

Is anyone aware of a decent reproduction of these parts?  Both my headlight and taillight bezels are chromed.  Since I'm in the process of selecting new color combinations for my car and some colors might not look as good with these pieces chromed.  I know I can go to one of our California bone yards and find replacements, but I thought I'd check here first.  I looked at the EMS catalog and didn't see these items.

By the way, if EMS is reading this, your front quarter panel I ordered came in less than a week and was perfect for repairing the damaged area on my Custom 300.  CUDO's from So. Cal.

Bob
57 AGIN

shopratwoody

Bob,
Maybe give Steve a call. Don't think you'll find new ones. Can't
you just bead blast yours and paint them?
I hate blocksanding!

4banger

Mac's out of New York has them. I bought some from them. ( new )

57AGIN

Ron & 4banger:

I've already thought about blasting, but will hold off if another option is available.  Thanks for the lead on Mac's, I have a catalog of his but didn't think to check it (dumb).

Bob
57 AGIN

gasman826

I know this is really old but this might help others.  I had aluminum valve covers from the age of chrome everything.  I wanted them polished.  I was sure media blasting would ruin them...aluminum softer than chrome.  When I was at the chrome shop, I mentioned the valve covers.  The chrome guy said he would just wash it off and polish them.  100 bucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He added that he could rinse the chrome, nickel, and copper off plastic and not damage it.

Contibob

There are a pair of taillight bezels for sale on San Diego craigslist. 100.00