Auto Design and Fabrication Shop

Started by 57AGIN, 2012-03-07 18:45

Previous topic - Next topic

57AGIN

Guys:
One of the firms that has helped make my 57s update and restoration process much better than it would have been without his fabrication and PhotoShop skills is Steve Ryan at Ryan Auto Design, located at 17150 Newhope St., Fountain Valley, CA 92708.  (714) 751-3788.  His email is steve@ryanautodesign.com

Steves contributions to my 57 include the design and fabrication work on the supercharger intake system, to get the air intake for my blower away from the exhaust headers and keeping the K&N air filter behind the headlight clean and free of the stones, dirt and water it would have otherwise been subject to.  I have had many compliments on both the fabrication and design work on that system.  He also upgraded the many vacuum lines used on the blower and fabricated the vacuum fitting block attached to the firewall to clean up a rather ugly mess left by the shop that did the supercharger installation.  Finally he cleaned up my radiator core support, removing or replacing all the rusting areas and making it like new again.

Steve also does really custom work on story boards and posters featuring specific cars in vintage races, etc.  He did the PhotoShop renderings of the color choices and combinations on my 57s paint job and trim options.

Steve has had his own design and fabrication business for 12 years and over 20 years experience in doing automotive design and fabrication.  He is no stranger to Fords; his own project car is a 55 sedan, being converted into a resto-rod convertible.  He has chopped the top off and is installing a 4.6, 4 valve modular motor into it, along with numerous other custom touches.  When this is done it will serve as a great shop advertisement.  Another project car he has been working on belongs to a fellow surfer, a 1957 Ford Ranchwagon.  This car is a super sanitary resto-mod with lots of suspension and power train modifications, all of which are top notch, and very high end in workmanship.  When this Ranchwagon is done it will probably wind up in a number of magazine articles.

One of the other many projects that Steve is working on is the fabrication of a billet steering column support bracket that will replace the pot metal bracket used on our 57 Fords.  I do not know about your bracket, but both Ricks and mine are cracked and in need of replacement.  He is designing the bracket so that it can replace your broken brackets without completely taking out your steering column.  He is in the process of trying to locate a manufacturer that can mass produce a reasonable number of these brackets, in order to get the price for the replacement part down to a reasonable range.

57AGIN

Apparently where ever I place an apostrophe it has shown up as a question mark (?).  Just pretend the ? is an apostorphe and maybe the information will make more sense.  Sorry about that.

Bob
57 AGIN