News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

door weatherstripping

Started by 57chero, 2008-11-30 20:07

Previous topic - Next topic

57chero

I finally got my ranchero painted and starting to put it back together, I put new rubber weatherstripping from dennis carpenter on the doors.  I got them bolted on and adjusted the problem is when I try to shut them with out the latch installed its all I can do to push the door in with my whole body to get it flush with the 1/4 panel , its like the rubber is to thick especially around the dog leg area thats also where it hits first when you go to shut the door ,I know the doors fit because I prefit everything when it was in primer any suggestions.

KidKourier

57chero,   That's normal for new rubber, if you have a come-a-long and no door panels yet,hook it to the inside of the doors and tighten until doors are in normal flush position, don't over tighten or you may bend the inside metal, leave on for a couple of days to conform the gaskets. You may have to do this a couple of times but they will eventually take normal shape. KID

57chero

KidKourier, thanks for the Idea worked great I used my axle straps and looped through the inside doors and the ratchet strap in between clicked it about three times brought em right in, Im going to leave it for a few days.