News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

fuel pump install question...

Started by texasmark1, 2008-12-06 08:29

Previous topic - Next topic

texasmark1

ready to install my new fuel pump on my 272; got it, of all places, at my local Car Quest! 

it has two vaccum ports on top; my question is how to use these, or is it just one, to hook up my wiper motor (vaccum operated). 

when I got the car, it had a line running from the wiper motor to the carb to pick up the vaccum there (I'm pretty sure it did not have a "correct" fuel pump at the time or that the wiper motor was hooked up correct).

so now I have a "correct" new fuel pump and just want to get it installed and hooked up the best way possible.

thanks for any input/suggestions!

Mark
God Bless Texas!

57 Ford Kustom

Mark :006:
   there should be markings next to the vacuum fittings in and out. It would seem correct to say in is from the engine and out would be to the wipers and heater. The only thing that the manual says is how to test and that also will tell you how to hook up the hoses. Manual states to remove line to wipers ,install vacuum gauge, disconnect and plug line from engine start car and at 500 RPM min. vacuum should be 10"

TOM :unitedstates:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

KULTULZ

Below is a 57 292 installation. The vacuum pump (upper section) is plumbed between intake manifold vacuum and the wiper motor. Its' purpose is to supply vacuum when manifold vacuum decreases.
MEL DIVISION - 1958-1960

MERCURY - EDSEL - LINCOLN

texasmark1

thanks! a picture is worth a thousand words...!
now, if I can just get it to start!!

thanks,Mark
God Bless Texas!