News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Fuel gauge question

Started by Frankenstein57, 2008-12-18 19:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Frankenstein57

I was ordering some Christmas presents for my ranchero, I'm ordering a 22 gallon fuel cell with sending unit for the fuel gauge. They said there are three different types of gauge senders. One is for gauges that operate between 70 and 10 ohms ,one is 0 to 90 ohms , and one between 240 and 33 ohms. I looked at the back of the gauge cluster, and didn't find anything.   Anyone know?   thanks, Mark

57 Ford Kustom

Mark :006:
   This has been discussed before but I can not find the thread. Summit catalogs in the past listed beside the gauge what ohms was needed for different makes and years. Just looked in the new one and that info is missing. The other way is to find a sending unit out of a tank and measure the ohms when the arm is in the full and empty position.

TOM :unitedstates:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

Ford Blue blood

Might be a lie, Ford has used the 70 and 10 for years?  Just don't remember for sure........old timers you know!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Frankenstein57

I've got one on the bench with a meter on it, onthe low end it says 15.7  on the high end it says 85.5  . It came out of a gunky old tank, when I run it up and down its all over the place. But if I go slowly it seems to stay in this range.  A guy on y-blocks site thought it was the 233 range, wish I new for sure so I could order the tank.  Mark

Frankenstein57

A guy was selling new tank/float senders on ebay, I emailed the question, and he says they run between 10 and 75 on the new part. So unless I get other info, I'll order the 10-70 sender. thanks, Mark