News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

A PIC FOR J --------->

Started by RICH MUISE, 2016-03-21 20:29

Previous topic - Next topic

hiball3985

Another place was Arthurs, which was converted to Arnolds for the Happy Days show.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

hiball3985

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Rk1r6M0G8I
This is full of our old cars from my old neighborhoods and goes by the Bobs in Burbank briefly.
And the only damn foreign car was a VW  :003:
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Ecode70D

Jim
     That's a great video and the cars look like cars that I know.  I can't figure out what kind of cars are driving around these days.   

hiball3985

Quote from: Ecode70D on 2016-03-29 23:08
Jim
     That's a great video and the cars look like cars that I know.  I can't figure out what kind of cars are driving around these days.
Well you are not alone, they all look the same to me. I can spot a Mustang, everything else just looks like a plastic box  :003:
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

lalessi1

My grandfather started the first drive in restaurant here in the late '40s. It was in the boonies but the city grew up around it. I   grew up in it. It closed in the early 60's (Burger King). Folks around here still remember it if they are still kickin'. My dad worked there for my grandfather and cars were a huge part of the culture in that time. Interestingly enough beer was legal to sell to anybody who could drive so it was on the menu. Teenagers would come there, park there, stay there and whatever... The pics are few and far between but I will post one (the only one we have)  as soon as I can. Here is a pic of an old "ticket" written on a menu in the meantime. I carry it in my '57...
Lynn

RICH MUISE

That's really cool Lynn. I like the prices. It sure was a different time.
I just happened to think...any Muises or Muizes in your area? Back in the 1800's my ancestors moved out of Canada during the wars and settled in Louisianna for some time. Most of them moved back to Canada, but I recently found out some remained in La. Apparently there was some "mingling" we'll call it to be nice, lol, with the local indians and I apparently ended up with distant relatives in an indian tribe whose name I have forgotten.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Jeff Norwell

Very cool Lynn..... I want 3 Jucy Pigs and 1 Grapette...... to go!
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

Ecode70D

WOW! Lynn
    Thanks for sharing that bit of history with us.   It's also nice that you have that old ticket with the prices on it..  Stories about drive ins are always interesting especially when there is a connection like your family.  Jay

hiball3985

This post is making me hungry  :003:
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

djfordmanjack

I want a root beer float, please ! :usa2: :toothy9:

djfordmanjack

Jay asked me to resize and post these pics. It is old Star Drive In Taunton, Ma.
I have heard old stories about hubcaps getting stolen in the drive in cinema back in the day, but what are these guys doing anyways? :-\

Ecode70D

Thanks Guenter    When the season starts I'll go there and get you a root beer float and sit  under the tree and think about how I can send it to you.  If I can't think of a way to send it , I'll find something to do with it.    My computer will not let me do resizing among other things.  Computers stink. 
Rich    That's one of the places that we are going to when you come out here to see your family.  It's  real old and still in business.

RICH MUISE

Pretty awesome pics. I can't tell how old the pics are.... So many wearing the 50's garb now with the rockabilly thing. That was definetly someplace I've never been. That would be awesome Jay...now I just need to get back there!
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe