News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Rare Mercury video

Started by rmk57, 2016-04-08 16:39

Previous topic - Next topic

gasman826

The short Edsels use the same windshield and same doors as '58 Ford.  I've seen Edsel front ends on '57 Customs, Rancheros, and wagons.  I'd put some money on the dash fitting.  I'd have to do some research on the Mercury swap but my guess would be a potential swap.

Ecode70D

Zap , Gary
   I  had a friend that did put the Edsel dash in his 57 Ford Ranchero along with the ,complete front end sheet metal and tail lights.   He must have had access to a donor car because when he was finished , it looked just like an Edsel wagon..  Jay

Ford Blue blood

Quote from: gasman826 on 2016-04-14 18:41
The short Edsels use the same windshield and same doors as '58 Ford.  I've seen Edsel front ends on '57 Customs, Rancheros, and wagons.  I'd put some money on the dash fitting.  I'd have to do some research on the Mercury swap but my guess would be a potential swap.

The 58 Edsel "junior" series (Ranger and Pacer) were 57/58 Fairlane Ford based, the "senior" series (Corsair and Citation) were 57/58 Mercury based.  59/60 Edsels were all Ford based.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Lou

I saw a 406 merc conv 4 speed with buckets and console at the Ford Nationals in Carlise, PA  about 15 years ago really rare car, the owner told me it weighted almost the same as a Ford. I know the 63 Mercs that ran in Nascar were only 50 lbs heaver and that 50 lbs was all behind the rear wheels.