News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

351C 4V into 1957 Ranchwagon

Started by nckzck, 2013-01-22 20:51

Previous topic - Next topic

nckzck

Hello all. I am looking for headers to swap a 351 Cleveland 4 barrel head engine into my Ranchwagon with either a T5 or a TKO. I contacted Sanderson, as they make 5 different variations of shorty headers, but they advise their headers will not work. Anyone have another good option? The engine came out of another car with headers, but those headers will not work. Any help is greatly appreciated.

JPotter57

I used 70 mustang headers on mine.  They fit ok, hedman and hooker are the best ones, though the cheapie summit racing brand fits ok too.   My car currently has a y block though, I may put the 35qc back in so I can make power tour this year...y blocks are xpen$ive to build.....
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

nckzck

Are the 1970 Mustang headers long tubes? If so, did you have a good amount of ground clearance? I was hoping to find a shorty or mid length header, but those options seem to be non-existent, and the prospect of paying for custom headers would push me away from the 351C engine and into an FE based engine.

JPotter57

Yes, they are long tubes.  You will need to either run your exhaust over the original crossmember, which is a pain, or make a double hump crossmember using a late 80s or early 90s Lincoln towncar, Ford Crown vic or Mercury Grand Marquis crossmember.  Ground clearance is good as well.   Thats what I did, works great.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.